PDA

View Full Version : Blast from my past

Mr._Striper
12-16-2007, 09:14 AM
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u232/jasonsdad05/JeffJohnGlenandLance.jpg
I found this pic last night and thought I would share the story with you all. In this pic all of us are only 12 years old, except the guy getting ready to launch a snot rocket. He's 7 years older than we are.

Anyways, in this pic my friend with the striper witch whom I still fish with 25yrs later had cought this striper around the corner to our left in the pic and its about a 200yrd swim around 2 points and through LOTS of seaweed. He is also the top surf fisherman in northern California to this day. The striper on his back was around 18lbs. I believe I ended up with 14 stripers that day. All day long the stripers were working bait back and forth from that rock and the beach. Witch we could all reach the beach from where we were.

Those were the days, LOTS of fish, NO crowds, NO working, NO cares, and most important, NO HARVESTERS ;D ;D

sorry ......had to edit your post..DD

PlugROCKSTAR
12-16-2007, 11:32 AM
I want a Backpack just like that. 8-)

ghostfish_slayer
12-16-2007, 12:13 PM
that looks more like a self contained breathing apparatus to me..

Mr._Striper
12-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Hey fruitcake, where the heck have you been? I know I know, working for that bad a$$ house that you just got.

When are we going for macs? I have a 12' boat with a 9.9 2stroke. Not the fastest by FAR but get you into the fish.

PlugROCKSTAR
12-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Hey fruitcake, where the heck have you been? I know I know, working for that bad a$$ house that you just got.

When are we going for macs? I have a 12' boat with a 9.9 2stroke. Not the fastest by FAR but get you into the fish.

you got my #. call me. the number i have fr you is disconnected. is that due to financing some new Fixter's or Winchie's WOOD? ;D I don't blame you though. :P

Mr._Striper
12-16-2007, 03:36 PM
916, check your "PMs"

EastBayAngler
12-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Thats a very cool pic Mr. Striper! 8-) And thank you for taking us back!

EBA

Double_D
12-16-2007, 06:10 PM

EBA

Hey Matt....take a good look at that pic....Mr.Striper is the one standing with a hoodie and hat on.....and the guy next to him is Glen....look close at Glen....he is loading up and ready to fire a snot rocket at Mr.Striper ;D

Mr._Striper
12-16-2007, 06:33 PM

EBA

Hey Matt....take a good look at that pic....Mr.Striper is the one standing with a hoodie and hat on.....and the guy next to him is Glen....look close at Glen....he is loading up and ready to fire a snot rocket at Mr.Striper ;D
He might of been pissed at me for catching more fish than him that day. Thats why my hood is up. By the way, Glen is our 44 year old vergin ;D

Yaker
12-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Maybe I miss read this- Are you saying he was swimming around kelp with an 18 lbs striper on his back? Now that's guts!

PlugROCKSTAR
12-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Maybe I miss read this- Are you saying he was swimming around kelp with an 18 lbs striper on his back? Now that's guts!

You won't believe it until you see it yourself. *I say he is the Best Surf Fisherman in the California.

put_em_back
12-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Super cool picture. Some of the old Angler magazines and Abe and Angelo's book have some great pictures of years long ago.

Mr._Striper
12-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Super cool picture. *Some of the old Angler magazines and Abe and Angelo's book have some great pictures of years long ago. *

I havent seen or have talked to Abe or Angelo in years. I think the last time I did I was like 18 or 19yrs old. I was around them when they were taking alot of those photos. I grew up about 80yrds from the water in Rocaway Beach in Pacifica.

Double_D
12-17-2007, 03:46 PM

You won't believe it until you see it yourself. *I say he is the Best Surf Fisherman in the California.

he does push the envelope when it comes to surf fishing....fishes areas most wont even consider fishing :o and he's tells some of the dirtiest,funniest stories told by a fishermen ;D

GT
12-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Love that photo Mr. Striper! You got anymore pics you're willing to share? Brings back memories when I use to throw the one piece fiberglass rods.

Mr._Striper
12-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Love that photo Mr. Striper! You got anymore pics you're willing to share? Brings back memories when I use to throw the one piece fiberglass rods.
I do have a couple more of the "good old days" left. I use to have alot more, but an ex-girlfriend of mine about 7yrs ago thought they looked better in the fire place after we broke up >:( :'(.

PHANTOM
02-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Hey Rockaway Jeff you know the best striper fisherman on the beach is
Weaver.

Cool picture brought back some memories.

Mr._Striper
02-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey Rockaway Jeff you know the best striper fisherman on the beach is
Weaver.

Cool picture brought back some memories.

Weaver?? Maybe in his hay days. The guy fell off of the face of the earth. Do you know what happened to him? And, "PM" who you are. PHANTOM just doesent ring a bell.

By the way, welcome to the boards.

put_em_back
02-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Super cool picture. Some of the old Angler magazines and Abe and Angelo's book have some great pictures of years long ago.

I havent seen or have talked to Abe or Angelo in years. I think the last time I did I was like 18 or 19yrs old. I was around them when they were taking alot of those photos. I grew up about 80yrds from the water in Rocaway Beach in Pacifica.

I bet the the Cuanangs aren't swimming and climbing up and cliffs anymore. Not that I do either :). I just remember reading the mags when they came in the mail and thought that sure looks like fun. It only took 35 yrs for me to get my butt chasing stripers on the beach. I've seen them 3 or 4 times over the last few years at the San Mateo fishing show.

FishinRaiders
02-28-2008, 02:39 AM
I ran into Abe and Angelo during the Scott Peterson trial in Redwood City they testified that he was NOT fishing for Sturgeon that day in the Bay..I looked it up online that night..

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-07-26-peterson-trial_x.htm

Double_D
02-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Anyone ever run into those guys on the water anymore?

GT
02-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Anyone ever run into those guys on the water anymore?

You're not going to run into those brothers on the cliffs and sand anymore. They've moved up and just fish on boats nowadays. When I talked to them at the San Mateo Sports Expo a couple years ago, they said fishing is spent in baja. Do you blame them, targeting 200-300 tuna is more exciting than chasing a 30lb striper.

Mr._Striper
02-28-2008, 07:06 PM
I havent seen Abe or Angelo sence I was younger fishing the bay in my Bayrunner. They talked me into fishing the schools of stripers we were targeting everyday with fly rods and streamers. Now thats striper fishing at its finest.

FishinRaiders
02-29-2008, 08:44 AM
I am going to the Fred Hall show in Long Beach with my brother..So I may run into them

I gave my cousin a copy of the Striper Book and the *&^*)&^ never gave it back..