PDA

View Full Version : NEVER CAUGHT ONE

tattooedfish1
02-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Ive heard people talk about catching stripers in the surf off the monterey beaches ,I wanna do this! when should I be out there,where should I be?What beach? Pencil poppers? bait? ,what? I just got my 1st Freshwater stripers last summer?fall (totally addicted now),now I want to catch one of the BIG BOYS! ;D :o Please let me know,thx!

Double_D
02-11-2008, 07:14 AM
Ive heard people talk about catching stripers in the surf off *the monterey beaches ,I wanna do this! when should I be out there,where should I be?What beach? Pencil poppers? bait? ,what? I just got my 1st Freshwater stripers last summer?fall (totally addicted now),now I want to catch one of the BIG BOYS! ;D :o Please let me know,thx!

tattooedfish1.....Check your PM. ;)

tattooedfish1
02-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Any Tackle Recomendations....Rods,Reels,Line?,Line test?Change out rings and hooks on lures or are they ok? :-?

pinfish
02-11-2008, 10:28 PM
1. scout the beach
2. you gotta match the hatch
3. small fish in the spring, big fish in the fall
4. 15# line
5. yellow when the sky is yellow, white when the sky is bright, dark when its dark

ken_fishnfool
02-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Take "da brudders word for true"! Look back, deep in this thread, and you'll see some gems of wisdom. Take the time to read ALL of it!
Then, If you're real lucky, you can become an honaray member of an elite club. ;)

I caught mine by accident, with bait, I still am figuring out how to do what these guys do!! ;D :o