PDA

View Full Version : Choopy Lures

tomaurand
08-31-2005, 06:36 AM
Check out Charlies new website. *This guy makes some awsome custom plugs. *Find the video and see how these things swim.

http://www.choopylures.com/

Tom

PlugROCKSTAR
08-31-2005, 06:40 AM
Check out Charlies new website. *This guy makes some awsome custom plugs. *Find the video and see how these things swim.

Tom

a link would help, geez >:(

tomaurand
08-31-2005, 06:57 AM
Linky added

PlugROCKSTAR
08-31-2005, 10:14 AM
Linky added

wading2fish
08-31-2005, 03:30 PM
That swimming motion is unbeleivably life-like. But I noticed that the water in which it was being retreived was fairly calm, almost like a lake on a calm day. Do you know if these lures would work in the surf, or are they made for fairly calm waters?

w2f

tomaurand
08-31-2005, 03:50 PM
Heck yeah they work inthe surf. I did really well early season with a similar swimmer when the fish were keying in on sand crabs. Small blunt swimmers in teh surf totally imitate free swimming mole crabs.

put_em_back
08-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Someone mentioned Choopy's plugs on a board and I went to check them out. I think that the side profile is close to the small perch that are hide out and feed in the near shore troughs and I figured that some of the stripers must feed on them so the metal lip swimmer should be great.

I've also seen some MONSTER sand crabs/moles out there - about the size of a baseball. Big claws and kind of scarey looking. If those babies are swimming around off shore, the swimmer should be a good match for those too.

tomaurand
09-01-2005, 07:00 AM
Someone mentioned Choopy's plugs on a board and I went to check them out. *I think that the side profile is close to the small perch that are hide out and feed in the near shore troughs and I figured that some of the stripers must feed on them so the metal lip swimmer should be great.

I've also seen some MONSTER sand crabs/moles out there - about the size of a baseball. *Big claws and kind of scarey looking. *If those babies are swimming around off shore, the swimmer should be a good match for those too.

You Sir, Are 100% correct! I also like small wood round head swimmers in those conditions as well.

Tom

put_em_back
09-02-2005, 11:46 PM
Tried out a yellow metal lip swimmer today and it looked good, but exactly how are you supposed to fish it.

I'd cast it out and let it work itself over the water I wanted to fish. If I didn't feel it waggling side to side, I'd start retrieving to slow to get waggling going again.

It looks real good, but the water was really rough. You really had to pay attention with the fast coming waves. It was fun to try something new.