PDA

View Full Version : Need help Registering My Toon

Darin
01-31-2009, 09:09 PM
After reading the earlier topic about registering a Toon I am clueless on what I should do seeing as I bought it used and have no paperwork, receipt, or vin #. I haven't yet gone to DMV's website and tried to fumble through there not so user friendly website yet. I was hoping one of you guys could steer me in the right direction.
Thanks for any info..

FFG

GregD72
02-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Hi FFG,

You probably already read what I went through to get my toon registered. The good news is that while I finally got it successfully registered a couple of weeks ago, I just received my "license plate" in the mail and I'll get it attached to the toon this week. I bought it from...

http://www.boatnumberplate.com/

I had read that some toons have a HIN (Hull Id Number) stamped somewhere on the frame. Mine did not so I asked the producer of the craft (North Fork Outdoors) for one and they made one up and sent me stickers to put on the frame.

I do remember someone else on the forum worked with the DMV to get THEM to generate the numbers. The procedure would be similar to what they list for people who build their own watercraft from scratch. That may be the way you'll have to go if your manufacturer won't do something similar to what mine did.

Greg

h00kie
02-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Aside from what was already posted on the other thread & on here, I would suggest to bring a pic of your 'toon to DMV so they have an idea what it is that you're registering.

GL @ the DMV!

Reno_Flytyer
02-03-2009, 12:50 PM
It's simple. Call 'em and ask if they want a visual inspection of the craft & take it down there if needbe. That's how it was handled here in Nevada. It was quick, and so easy a caveman could do it.
RFT

wood2turn
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
I can't believe my eyes! you guys got to register your toons?????????

Maybe there is something good abotu living in WA. after all...

Terry B.

MB_Kevin
02-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I believe it only needs to be registered if you have a motor on it.

Darin
02-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the replys. That's great idea to just bring it down to DMV. I will be heading there next week.

FFG

Fishin510
02-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Good Luck at the DMV, and remember, get there early! ;)