PDA

View Full Version : Mini fest

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Lets put together a mini fest in Freeport for St.Patrics day weekend. We could raft up for lunch, bbq, fishin and the usual. Whos in?

smithstation
03-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Gary, I think people are scared to party with you!! :-X How about a mini fest around Brannon? Do another striper/sturgeon fest?

No big night gathering/buffet, we will all be fishing but maybe a floatilla or two and lots of drinking on the water ::)??

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Gary, I think people are scared to party with you!! :-X How about a mini fest around Brannon? Do another striper/sturgeon fest?

No big night gathering/buffet, we will all be fishing but maybe a floatilla or two and lots of drinking on the water ::)??

Thats funny buddy. But Im triing to get one together up here, fishing is off the hook right now ;)

Doctor_Dan
03-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Gary, where would you recommend that we launch to get to this area easily; where our rigs will be safe, etc.? When I took you fishing, you said that you would go with me anytime, and said that if I wanted to get into some really good sturgeon fishing that you would take me out to Hood in Feb or March. Is this that time? I'd just as soon go with a "PRO" as by myself.

Dan

smithstation
03-05-2008, 03:46 PM

Thats funny buddy. But Im triing to get one together up here, fishing is off the hook right now ;)

Any place for my 21 ft. boat? Yours is about as big as mine, right? Where can I launch from? I might be in, will have to check the old ladys plan book.

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Yupp, to all the above. Garcia bend is patroled at night now. I havnt had any problems in years so I think its safe :-/ Dan, lets do it. Youll have to bring your rig as Im full already but you can tag along no problem. Let me know guys. Theres a derby that weekend too ;)

smithstation
03-06-2008, 08:52 AM
So it would be the weekend of the 15-16th, right?

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Thats correct ;)

Newty, yea in?

Looks like Ill have LTF and carpet Jim with me.

Time2fish, get up here buddy

LTZOUT
03-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey, I might be able to make it out on Sat. I just put the "Beast" back together so maybe I'll try to shoot for a Saturday trip with the guys.

smithstation
03-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Bert,
Glad to hear everything is put back together. Have you hed her out for a test drive yet? *This would be a great trip to do so. *I am not sure I will make it. If I do it will only be for a day trip. *Good luck!! *

LTZOUT
03-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Yea ;D, took it out on Tuesday, up to Folsom lake. No leaks or problems :o.

I would only be able to make it on Saturday. Leaving for the islands with the wife & my boys on Sunday :).

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Right on guys, itll be good to see yea again ;)

Come on, we need more heads out there. Freeport Baiter, yea gonna make this one?Hmmmm ;)

bentrod
03-06-2008, 07:26 PM
i'm going to fish the tournament. You know where i'll be. I'd like to hang, but hood is a banker spot. They shpuld spray for the bankers. I'm going out this sunday - probably out of vierras.

tdekens
03-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Wish I could go Stomper is the man when it comes to sturgeon. I keep the picture of the first one I ever caught with you on my desk. ;) might just have to see what I can do for that saturday. This sounds like it would be a blast. I know I would have to bring a get out of jail card with me on this one. I think the weather is gonna be nice.

Newty
03-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Thats correct ;)

Newty, yea in?

Looks like Ill have LTF and carpet Jim with me.

Time2fish, get up here buddy
Sounds good Stomper 8-) I'll be there

NorCal_Bangers
03-06-2008, 10:45 PM
throwing in the towel....i guess it is about time i attempted to attend one of these fest things....is this a bank or boat party....cuz i could see myself hanging if you boys would let little ol' me play.......it would be cool to meet some of you boys from out in the netherlands!!!!!!!!!

let me know i would love to possibly attend!!!!

NCB

timetofish
03-07-2008, 11:54 AM
SS...wish I could man. Gotta my family traditions to hold up too though. We cook up a few corned beef briskets,cabbage,red potatoes and drink like we we're back in our local pub back in the homeland ;D But I will make it up there soon. 8-)

Seceret_hole
03-07-2008, 09:16 PM
A local sturg fest Sac/Freeport? I am going to be lurking around this one...

innovate
03-07-2008, 10:05 PM
No good SS. I'll be out of town weekend of the 15/16th. I got a new float too :P

DinoBlaster
03-08-2008, 09:20 AM
any updates? :P

striper_assasin
03-08-2008, 10:46 AM
I have a hall pass for next fri evening and sat. evening :D

LTZOUT
03-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Hey SS, what kind of bait do you suggest we pick up?
Ghost, grass, piles, sardines( for any stripers that might be around)?
Or yes to all the above?

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Its all good Ted, I understand...Not everybody wants to work for their money ;D J/K

Burt, yes to all the above ;)

Brandon, youll be missed :'(

Everybody is welcome to the fest :)

Big_Easy
03-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Everyone is invited! :) *OK! *Would love to meet some of the fellow fisherman and women! *Floatilla? * :-/ *Not sure about that, I'm in a aluminum boat!

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Tie up on the out side ;)

Doctor_Dan
03-10-2008, 12:01 PM
OK, Gary;
The way I understand it, is that we launch at Garcia Bend Sat morning, and meet up down by Hood? I've never fished that area, so I'll need some guidance. Is this supposed to be an overnighter? How secure is the launch site for leaving our rigs there overnight? What kind of bait do you reccommend that we bring? Sorry for all of the questions, but this will be a new experience for me. I don't want to do it alone, but if I can get my friend Travis to come along, I'll be there.
Dan

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Not sure yet as to were Ill be fishing but south of Garcia is for sure. Dan all the reg baits are good. Your rig should be fine ;) Ill be out sometime Friday till sundays weigh in. In order to be in the derby you need to sign up at Freeport bait before friday.

Doctor_Dan
03-10-2008, 03:10 PM
WHAT DERBY?? I can't go sign up at Freeport Bait before Friday: We are going to be TB testing ~ 4,000 cows between now and then. I thought that this was just a "mini-fest"?
Dan

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Its a sturg derby..No biggie :o

LTZOUT
03-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Gary, I believe I will be there 8-). I probably will put in up at Discovery in town because I don't think Garcia will handle my 33' trailer :'(. I'm thinking I will be there Saturday early morning but just for the day. I need to get & use this 2 rod stamp ;). I have not been out fishing since that log got in my way in early Jan :(.

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Ok Burt, sounds good

Listen, if you guys wanna do the derby. Call Johny and tell him you want a ticket. He will hold it for you. Tell him Stomper said so ;) Hell do it ;)

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Ok, lets try this. You guys wanna do the derby. Let me know, Ill get your ticket. You pay me when you get there. The tickets need to be in Friday am. Ill do that for yea, but if you flake, dont let me catch yea on the river >:(

Loves-to-Fish
03-11-2008, 12:34 PM
looking to be a good turn out either way. the derby is just for $hits and giggles... ;D ;D
last year we had a ton of fun! going to be a blast again this year. :o

LTF 8-)

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-11-2008, 12:42 PM
I cant wait to fish with you all weekend LTF. Its been awhile bro....I was thinking something along these lines. Fish local friday and sat till early noon. Head south, boat/road till final weigh in and take some money home ;) just an idea, but if the beast is full we should be able to make it there and back ;)

timetofish
03-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Man...sounds like it'll be quite the shin-dig Gary ;) Wish I could make it. I might get out on the boat Saturday but I'm going to stay local. I'll be sure to send a winning wish your way for ya' though!! I'll tell the fish to look out for the big blue boat with the bucket o' beer and the bunny hangin' around ;D ;D

Hey LTF you keep an eye on this Stomper fella :-X No bloody mary's :D *[smiley=stomper.gif]

striper_assasin
03-11-2008, 01:29 PM
man!!
i have to work saturdays, so probably just be out till like 7-11 on fri night, but i get off on 4 oclock sat evening and have all night pass to play.
man, i miss all the drunkin fun times :'(
lol

Loves-to-Fish
03-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Man...sounds like it'll be quite the shin-dig Gary ;) Wish I could make it. I might get out on the boat Saturday but I'm going to stay local. I'll be sure to send a winning wish your way for ya' though!! I'll tell the fish to look out for the big blue boat with the bucket o' beer and the bunny hangin' around ;D ;D

Hey LTF you keep an eye on this Stomper fella :-X No bloody mary's :D *[smiley=stomper.gif]

SS- looking forward to hanging out and catching some fish with friends.

timetofish- yeah he's taking it easy on the bloody mary's this weekend. i'm fishin, not regulating..... ;)

JP- we'll look out for ya, give a hollar! are you fishin with Secret-Hole? I'll pm you my cell # ;) we need to hook up big time! 8-)

LTF :)

timetofish
03-11-2008, 01:56 PM
timetofish- yeah he's taking it easy on the bloody mary's this weekend. *i'm fishin, not regulating..... ;) *

LTF *:)

Sounds good.I'm sure you two need some talk time to sort out your Green Bay problems *[smiley=clappingcheesehead.gif] ;D

You guys have fun/be safe. I'll be close to where I told you to go last time you we're down here ;)

striper_assasin
03-11-2008, 01:57 PM
sweeet, yeah send me your #, and ill call you all when im out there.

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Branndon, dude...thats it Im keeping your pole holder. Youll never see it again >:( :P

JP, you have my number. Give me a shout. Im sure the guys wont mind havin aboard for a few hours ;)

Loves-to-Fish
03-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Ouch! *what's up with the GB hating? Rogers is going to take us all the way baby! just watch and see. :o :o

time- yeah you should get your A$$ up this way and fish with us.......WU$$!

JP- be sure to give ol Secret-Hole a charly for us.......lol

Its going to be a good ol time guys......Sturgeon and Stripers.....I think I'll bring the Sony to take some video's!! lmao!!

LTF

Loves-to-Fish
03-11-2008, 02:10 PM

YEAH??? Well don't lurk to hard now buddy. At least make it over to say hi and catch up on some ol times..... :)

LTF :)

Loves-to-Fish
03-11-2008, 02:13 PM
throwing in the towel....i guess it is about time i attempted to attend one of these fest things....is this a bank or boat party....cuz i could see myself hanging if you boys would let little ol' me play.......it would be cool to meet some of you boys from out in the netherlands!!!!!!!!!

let me know i would love to possibly attend!!!!

NCB

Don't be shy now, make it out and join in if you can. its about time you make it to at least one of these wing dings........ ;)

Doctor_Dan
03-11-2008, 02:14 PM
SS,
Talked my buddy into an overnighter, all set to go; but now we have a 6,000 cow dairy to test Saturday, so obviously I'm not going to make it. These damn non-fisherman who are in charge of the taskforce have NO RESPECT!! (as Rodney Dangerfish would say). I'd certainly rather be on the river getting kicked by a sturgeon than being on a dairy being kicked by cows.
I hope that you guys have a great time.
Dan

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Ok Dan, thanks for the heads up. See yea next time ;)

Seceret_hole
03-11-2008, 07:02 PM

YEAH??? *Well don't lurk to hard now buddy. *At least make it over to say hi and catch up on some ol times..... :)

LTF *:) The usual spot on the bend or further down? Good times on the river this weekend I predict. I'll see ya out there buddy, I might take J.P with me if he's lucky and pays for all the bait ;)

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Wook guys, quit lurkin. Get your suff 2gether and come on out, big fish winns,pweriod. Sorry,Im half asian ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-11-2008, 08:30 PM
If that dont fit a boot, nutin will [smiley=stomper.gif]

Hey, check that out

I , oh hell, nevermind :(

Loves-to-Fish
03-12-2008, 10:13 AM

YEAH??? *Well don't lurk to hard now buddy. *At least make it over to say hi and catch up on some ol times..... :)

LTF *:) *The usual spot on the bend or further down? Good times on the river this weekend I predict. I'll see ya out there buddy, I might take J.P with me if he's lucky and pays for all the bait ;)

yeah I think were going to be scouting it out on Friday.....probably between freeport and hood. *are you going to be out Friday night? give me a call either way. ;)

Alright who else is coming out? come on team PILE? *where's the PILE? ;D

striper_assasin
03-12-2008, 02:19 PM
lmfao at pays for all the bait!!
tooo funny, man i always pay for all the bait.
hey man i too it looks like will be having a house payment, so money is gonna be tight also soon.
but yeah you know ill have it just give me a holler brother and ill be there with ya.
lets show stomper how to catch a sturgeon, lol :o ;D :D
cant wait, will be fun meeting you all.

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Somebody needs to show me, seems I forgot :-/

Freeport baiter will be joining us too. He has a nice big boat too. Maybe we can corral the suckers ;D

Dont forget to get your tickets BEFORE Friday 5am Thats when the derby starts.

And no bathtub fish. We have soap detectors on board [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif]

Newty
03-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Somebody needs to show me, seems I forgot :-/

Don't worry Stomper I'll show ya ;D

Newty
03-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Went today to get my ticket for the derby. The deadline for entry is tomorrow at 8:00PM ;) I think we bought enough oils and scents to run a scent trail from Freeport to Rio Vista ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Hey guys, lets go tonight and hang out in Johnys parking lot, party all night and wait for the horn like we do for salmon at Berkley ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Ok guys, Im so outta here. Best of luck and hope to see yea on the water.

LTZOUT
03-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Made a preview outing today for "NADA" (no stripers or sturgeon) :(. We fished around Garcia Bend area all day. Had a few bites & we caught 2 catfish & 2 squawfish. You had to look real hard to get out of the wind today.

Burt

LTZOUT
03-14-2008, 09:49 AM
As of right now it looks like I'm headed out on the "Beast" by myself for Saturday only. So if someone wants to meet me at the dock, PM me & maybe we can hook up together. I have some ghost shrimp & pile worms on board already so I think all we need is some sardines for them stripers. let me know.

Burt

striper_assasin
03-17-2008, 08:10 AM
how did you do ltzout?
i was skunked both fri. night and sat. night.

Seceret_hole
03-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Loves-to-fish, Sturgeon Stomper, Carpet_Jim, -J.P.-, Reeling_Ron, Just want to say that was way too much fun fishing with all of you. Thanks for all the awesome grub and good memories. Let's do it again soon!

Loves-to-Fish
03-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey guys! what a blast we had over the loooong weekend thanks for making it out ;), so much for the rain? *:-Xlol! ;) * well we got into a few catfish down by hood, and a couple dink stripers around scribners. A few missed bites......all in all we surely made the best of it! ;D ::) ..... [smiley=stomper.gif] 8-)

looking forward to the nexy one for sure. target fish was 63" and *I heard the winning fish came out of knights landing area, and was 56 1/2". *2nd and 3rd place came from hood..... :exclamation :o * ;)

Newty
03-17-2008, 06:00 PM
LTF,Stomper,Carpet Jim, *I had a great time both days fishing with ya guys. We got to do it again sometime ;). G-MAN, we'll get em next time...... I still can't believe we sat there sideways for who knows how long before Stomper and crew showed up ;D. At least we made the best of it ;). LTF, you got mad skills as a Chef [smiley=chowtime.gif] :)

STURGEONSTOMPER
03-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks a bunch guys for comin out. Fish or no fish its still a blast hanging with yee all on the water. Make sure you call the bait shop to see if yea won any boobby prizes. I called this am and found out I won a pole holder ;D

ric1ric
03-19-2008, 10:21 AM
So nobody took any pics, we what photos.