PDA

View Full Version : 2/28 south bay report

kooldadj510
02-28-2008, 06:14 PM
went out this morning a couple miles south of dumbarton bridge to a few nice spots i have out there. pole was in the water at about 8:30 water was glass the sun was out, an excellent morning on the bay. i fished two of my spots till about 1:30 and got NOTHING not even a bite! >:(
in the 5 hours i was there i counted 14 sturgeon coming to the surface they were not jumping. they would just come to the top of the water and do a barrel roll it was pretty cool watching there fins stick up out of the water as they rolled over, normally i just see them jumping. one was only about 10 or 15 ft from my boat and he was huge atleast 7'er! it was very frustrating watching all these fish and not a single bite. so i decided to head closer to the bridge and caught a few sharks and called it a day. i talked to a few other guys out there and they also got nothing not even a bite.
water temp 59
depths, 25',30',35'
ghost, grass, herring, anchovies, and eel

FishingTone
02-28-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm thinking about heading out there on Saturday after 2 weeks not fishing, but after reading your posted, I'm having a second thought now....the tides for this weekend is weak too.
Thanks for report J!

Tone

kooldadj510
02-28-2008, 09:28 PM
hey Tone,
your right the tides this weekend not looking so good, next weekend 8th and 9th are better i will be out there for sure, probly on sunday

HawaiianHooker
02-29-2008, 08:51 AM
What are you guys talking about?

Saturday has an outgo with a 7'4" diff, Sunday is even better with an 8'1" outgo near the Trestle ... outgo's are plenty good...

I'm thinking about heading out there on Saturday after 2 weeks not fishing, but after reading your posted, I'm having a second thought now....the tides for this weekend is weak too. *
Thanks for report J!

Tone

FishingTone
02-29-2008, 09:58 AM
What are you guys talking about?

Saturday has an outgo with a 7'4" diff, Sunday is even better with an 8'1" outgo near the Trestle ... outgo's are plenty good...

[quote author=Tone link=1204251270/0#1 date=1204260411]I'm thinking about heading out there on Saturday after 2 weeks not fishing, but after reading your posted, I'm having a second thought now....the tides for this weekend is weak too.
Thanks for report J!

Tone

Hey Mike,
Where you been? It been awhile having seen you post I thought you quit fishing for sturgeon. :)
The outgoing tide in the morning is good but I'm haven't has any good success fishing out there on a outgoing tho.
I'll take your words and will head out Saturday.

RENOBOYS
02-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey Kooldad-- you are killin me. All I ever see is you posting another report. I am jealous, you are always fishing-- some of us have to work, and read the Sniffer, of course

kooldadj510
02-29-2008, 04:33 PM
RENO BOYS, i fish as much as i possibly can, i am fortunate to have a cool ass ol ladie who doesnt mind me leaving her with the three kids all the time to go fishing, as far as work goes, i work hard and fish even harder!

hey HAWAIIANHOOKER yes the tides arent that bad this weekend but they were about the same on thurs when i got skunkd, so i gunna give it a one week rest and fish the better tides next week. if you guys go out this weekend good luck and let us know how you did.

fishmaster
02-29-2008, 07:48 PM
I have caught most of my fish out there on the incoming tides south of the tressel.

FishingTone
03-01-2008, 11:41 PM
3/01 report...
Hit the dumbarton this morning and it was a bad day fishing in south bay...winds up to 10 to 15mph around 7am and it was so strong that the boat doing 180 degree the whole time while we're trying to fish.
The sturgeon are not hurry I guess...b/c they were just jumping around. Call the day early b/c the WIND was bad and the water was rough and choppy. We have a lot of fun getting back to the dock again today.

Tone

kooldadj510
03-02-2008, 09:43 AM
hey Tone,
thanks for the report. i sure am glad i didnt go out. i am going to order my redisets today and gunna go try them out next sunday! the tides look good and i hope the weather is good also.

RENOBOYS
03-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Kooldad-- look forward to your report, as always. Just sittin here in Reno, jealous of our kooldad buddy from the bay, fishin and postin'

kooldadj510
03-03-2008, 07:10 PM
RENOBOYS,
you can count on it brotha. the first thing i do when i get home from a trip is hop on the sniffer and post my report. good or bad