PDA

View Full Version : Mothball Fleet  3/1/08

fishinfoool
03-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Took my son Landon fishing Saturday at the mothball fleet . Started out at the first row did not mark any fish so we moved to the last row lots of marks and boats, Around noon the wind really started blowing you had to watch your poles closely, missed a few pull downs. Moved out of the traffic headed towards big cut set up and about 5 min later Landons pole goes off , fish takes off like an oversize finally turn him around then he goes airborne and spins around now he somehow gets the line rapped around his tail so now he is folded in half !! took us three tries to net him broke my net and almost went for a swim but pulled him in .Went 61 inches around 65 pounds Landons biggest sturgeon yet he was all smiles and tired. thanks for Benicia bait Curtis told me to try these new rigs he made that have an e-chip attached to the hook seems to work last week got 3 nice size bass and this week got a keeper sturgeon . Bait was pile/ghost 27 feet water with lots of marks.

Seon
03-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Congrats on your Dino.

Yep, it was too windy for me too. *I drove over to Concord via Delta Hwy 160 and noticed several boats out there. *Die Hards for sure *:-/.