PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburg 58"

bentrod
03-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Got out around 8am the water was flat. After we set the anchor the wind started to blow. I was with my kid. He starts in my belly- I want to go home- wha wha wha. Then around 1030 i got the bite and hooked the fish. I handed him the pole and his belly stopped hurting. 15 minutes later I pulled it in the boat. We were very lucky we got that fish. The wind had us out of my spot and the fish wrapped up in the anchor line and in the mortor. It was very lucky we got it in. After we got the bait back out his belly started up again. We got off the water at noon and he made me stop at 3 bait shops to get pictures. Took about 2 hours to cut and gut. All of the neighbors and kids had to come by and look. After about 2 years of taking my kid fishing he finally got one. He is in the club.

Craig
03-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Congratulations!! You never forget your first. Maybe he'll be hooked now. Good job!!

Seon
03-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Congrats...where's the pics?

Newty
03-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Good job bentrod ;) Your boy will remember that for the rest of his life.
Let's see some photos.

RENOBOYS
03-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Nice fish- I was saying in another post that I wish I could get the wife out, I should get the kid out instead. He is 12 now, but really can't stand fishing. He hasn't developed the patience. And fishing for sturgy, you need some patience for sure.

Bentrod, you have to show us the pics. Maybe I could show them to the kid to get his hopes up a little

mrsockeye
03-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Congrats Bent Rod, I wish I could have gotten to go sturgeon fising when I was 12. Your boy will remember for the rest of his life.