PDA

View Full Version : Buoy33 reprt 3 shakers

Hot_Rod
03-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Tough day today. Fished with buddy Andrew and the wind and tide were at odds all day. Started at Middle Ground, moved into the Little Cut then made a long run down to the backside of Sherman hoping to find less wind. No such luck. Finally settled into Broad Slough were I hooked three shakers. All fish came on grass shrimp had some nice hits. One of the sturgeon looked like it had bite marks on it from a sea lion. That was it for us today. Wind was unrelenting.

Ron

G-whiz
03-02-2008, 07:21 AM
That wind was "nuts". Yesterday was my introduction to the Mothball Fleet. Going out from Benicia wasn't so bad... Only one little Flounder around those old ships... coming back was pretty sloppy. Had, white knuckles most of the time at low tide. Tore up my prop at the ramp.
Any suggestions for launching? Coming over from Sonoma?

FishinSturgeon
03-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the report Ron, yea the wind got everyone yesterday...We ended up with 2 shakes, 43",45". Still had fun though.

Hot_Rod
03-02-2008, 09:38 AM
That wind was "nuts". Yesterday was my introduction to the Mothball Fleet. Going out from Benicia wasn't so bad... *Only one little Flounder around those old ships... *coming back was pretty sloppy. Had, white knuckles most of the time at low tide. Tore up my prop at the ramp.
* Any suggestions for launching? Coming over from Sonoma?

There is a launch ramp up in Monty (have not used it myself), and in Martinez. The mouth of the harbor at Martinez can be an issue at low tide, but if your running a smaller boat you should be fine. I'm sure other will respond about the ramp in Montezuma. It's probably your best bet since it is more protected, not far from the fleet and offers an excellent fishing alternative when the wind is up. It also will save you the bridge fare.

Intimidator
03-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the report.
I did a little deck handing aboard the Right Hook and man was it windy out there.
J thanks.
I have never used it, but there is a launch called the Marsh?
Not sure if thats what its called its on the East side of 680 between I80 and the Martinez bridge.

Newty
03-02-2008, 02:19 PM
That wind was "nuts". Yesterday was my introduction to the Mothball Fleet. Going out from Benicia wasn't so bad... *Only one little Flounder around those old ships... *coming back was pretty sloppy. Had, white knuckles most of the time at low tide. Tore up my prop at the ramp.
* Any suggestions for launching? Coming over from Sonoma?

There is a launch ramp up in Monty (have not used it myself), and in Martinez. The mouth of the harbor at Martinez can be an issue at low tide, but if your running a smaller boat you should be fine. I'm sure other will respond about the ramp in Montezuma. It's probably your best bet since it is more protected, not far from the fleet and offers an excellent fishing alternative when the wind is up. It also will save you the bridge fare.
The launch in Monte is Beldons off Grizzly Island road which you get to by hwy 12. It can be crowded on the weekend but if you get there early it's not too bad. There is also a launch in Suisun City.

RENOBOYS
03-02-2008, 07:11 PM
3 shakers is still fun. Too bad about the wind, sounds like everyone has been battling it