PDA

View Full Version : DFG in Freeport/Hood Franklin

Uglystick916
02-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Went out fishing Sunday morning at Hood area NO luck we saw DFG boat patrolling the waters then as i climb up towards my car a DFG parked and talk to us ask if we have fish in our trunk i said NO you can check it then he checked our LICENSE and ask us if we caught anything.Thats good they do that now they said there going to come here now from time to time so watch out you illegal poaching for sturgeon or any fish i just want to pass this out to all the fisherman that fish the Freeport to hood area they know its a hot spot...

STURGEONSTOMPER
02-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Thats a good thing. I hope they do the road block again too. Lots of poachin goin on out there and they need to be caught ;)

striper_assasin
02-20-2008, 10:46 AM
yup, they need to start watching south river road across from miller park area!
big time poaching out on that stretch!

Jerrdirt
02-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this area allows public access right? If so, why should the honest bank fishermen have these privileges taken away?

Catching poachers is always a work in progress and I support the F&G 110%. These criminals are smart and like all things they follow where the fish goes. Therefore we shouldn't assume that poaching can be prevented by not allowing access to this area.

On the other hand, assuming that this is the "hot spot" I believe the F&G should patrol this area tighter so they can deter the criminals from fishing here. I'm not trying to offend anyone's comment but it just makes more sense to me this way.

All in all, I'm sure everyone pays for their fishing license and stamps the same way as every other fisherman do. Therefore, as long as its not private property I seriously think we need to reevaluate how we think.

Uglystick916
02-20-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm assuming most of the poaching happens at night less to be seen by anyone and by DFG...

striper_assasin
02-21-2008, 10:08 AM
not true, it happens during the day also.

ibanezax
02-21-2008, 10:18 AM
:)
There is alot of illegal fishing going on and it is just as much our responsibilty to report it.
Yeah, there is some folks who don't understand slot limits and take whatever they catch home. They need to be educated, pretty soon you'll have to take a class and pass a test to get a license! Maybe a good thing.
But, will it stop the poaching? I don't think so!
Report it when you see it and help DFG as much as we can so we can continue to fish.

striper_assasin
02-21-2008, 11:42 AM
o dont let them fool ya, they understand slot limits.
they just dont care cause they dont get caught.

delta916
02-21-2008, 11:55 AM
I hope they do the road block again too. Lots of poachin goin on out there and they need to be caught

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this area allows public access right? If so, why should the honest bank fishermen have these privileges taken away?

I dont think he is talking about blocking access. *Stomper is talking about setting up check points to check all anglers as they leave the area.

yup, they need to start watching south river road across from miller park area!
big time poaching out on that stretch!
not true, it happens during the day also.
o dont let them fool ya, they understand slot limits.
they just dont care cause they dont get caught.

It sounds like you have alot of knowledge on the poaching going on out there. *I hope you have been reporting it. *If not, you are part of the problem. *Everyone knows how few GW's are out there. *The poachers really know it. *The Caltip number is on everyone's license for a reason and we all need to use it when we see a violation.

striper_assasin
02-21-2008, 12:09 PM
yes i have, and also there are DFG wardens on this site also, so by posting this up there, much like stomper did, it is letting them know to start concentrating in that area!

B-RAN
02-21-2008, 06:45 PM
poachers shall pay !

Jerrdirt
02-21-2008, 07:35 PM
I think F&G should create ways for people to call or text in anonymously. The reason is that I am sure the individual reporting the crime would not like to be seen snitching on someone especially when you're fishing right next to them.

Also I don't know if it's just my phone but often times when I'm out there I hardly get any signal. You guys are right, if we all work together maybe we can help sustain the sturgeon population better than what's happening with the salmon and soon to be stripers.

fishrman4life
02-24-2008, 02:41 PM
2 words, "picture message"... "hey DFG, these are your guys!"

rtandersen
02-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Is it possible to text message and take a pic of poachers and send to a warden ?

bub1931
02-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Most cell phones now have photo and vido capability, as well as sending email. If the DFG as a direct email address to report poachers, I would add that along with the cal tips phone number. First take a snap shot with the Cell phone send an email from the cell phone. Then call the Cal tip number.

Now they not only have a phone call reporting the violation, but also have a photo of the violation all within a matter of minutes.

JohnB
02-27-2008, 01:06 PM
I have called DFG a few time on people snagging sturgeon and salmon, sat and waited and waited but no one ever came out. I know that they are short staffed but I had them board my boat because I soaked some a$$ with my kids big water launcher for being inconsiderate and fishing right on top of us trying to snag salmon that were almost dead while we were striper fishing. I think next time I see a poacher I will just take a 3 ounce Gibbs and start snagging them.

RENOBOYS
02-27-2008, 01:29 PM
sweet ! !!!!! I like that. When you see them snaggin, toss a jig at their a$$-- good idea

I know in NV, we have a poachers hotline. I cannot believe that Ca doesn't have the same setup.

dbass
02-28-2008, 07:23 AM
There is CalTip, but I know how you feel been there done that, with phone call and wait..wait..wait..wait. I want to do my part >:(

FishinRaiders
02-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Reno..Nevada is still the wild west!!!

California is still well..umm California