PDA

View Full Version : Where to fish from bank at Pt. Molate

Pinoleman
02-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Went to point molate last saturday to fish from the bank, havent been out there since i was a kid and the place i used to fish has a fence now accross the road that goes out to the end of point molate near the yaght club. Used to fish near a bunch of broken pilings in this area.Talked to a security guard and he said people usually fish off the beach which is past the brickyard building. Wind was too much so headed to Benicia and fished directly under the Benicia bridge in the rain and wind. Got a coulple bites and that was it. Read in the paper today that someone hooked and lost 6 sturgeon under the San Rafael Bridge. Our luck. Anyone know a good spot to fish from shore in the Pt. Molate area ? We also drove that potholed road all the way to the Yaught club only to see a 4x8 foot plywood sign that someone painted in big letters "NO FISHING". What a bunch of crap. What would it hurt to fish there ?

FishON510
02-29-2008, 11:03 AM
i do a little bit of perch fishing out at pt. malote...

i think your best bet for sturgeons is probably around the pinole shore lines and at pt pinole.