PDA

View Full Version : New Member Seeking Advice

Master-Baiter
02-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Hello all. I am new to this forum, as well as, new to sturgeon fishing on the delta.

I have a pretty hefty 12' Aluminum boat with a 10 HP Outboard and I would like to get into the sturgeon fishing on the delta. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where I can fish safely with my lil' duck boat? I would like to get out into the Mothball fleet, but I am afraid I'm a little under gunned for that big water. My residence is in Pleasanton CA, so I'm looking to fish in the West Delta... hopefully near Pits./Antioch. I've had my eye on launching out of George Lowy Marina, but I am unfamiliar with the fishing there.

I'm not looking for anyone's Honey hole, just some direction on where to fish sturgeon (possibly Stripers) and I'd like to avoid capsizing under the Benicia Bridge!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Send an email, if you prefer.

Thanks guys!

fishkiller
02-27-2008, 06:10 PM
8-)yep a 12fter is small,if i were you i would launch in pitt or antioch which would put you in prime territory for both fish.or drive over the benicia bridge ,launch in susuin slough which has been real good for a couple months now.or you can launch at belden also prime territory.need anything send an email. 8-)

wet_biker
02-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Hey Master

My father snd I started with a 12'. We both fished it and we are far from being small guys. LOL One time we had 3 guys in it :-X From P town you could be on the Napa River in 45 mins or so. Both good striper and D backs. We set in at Cutter Warf and go down river. There is a open bay that you need to watch the wind. If it picks up you would need to move back to the main river.

Do you fish shallow cliffs?

Master-Baiter
02-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the advice guys.

I'll probably end up fishing neer Pitsburg on Saturday. Any reports or recomendations on where to launch/fish out there? I'm going to head over to a local pitsburg marina on my lunch break to seek some advice... any one know a good marina in Pittsburg?

I know I'm asking a lot of you guys, but from what I see on this forum you definatly seem like a great resource.

As far as SC is concerned, I grew up fishing the lake. Set the lake record trout back in 02'... still think it stands. If anyone would like some direction out there, I'd be happy to share (Not much to know about that puddle of water).

Thanks again for the assistance!

metalmouth
02-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Please check your pm's. You can do this by going to the top of the page where it says Hey, Master-Baiter you have 1 messages.

Thanks,

MM

delta916
02-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Pitttsburgh is pretty big water for a 12 footer. If you do it I would go right coming out and stay in NY slough. I would definitely not go down river. I would think a better bet would be monty or suisun slough