PDA

View Full Version : P-Lines 2/27

Seon
02-27-2008, 06:35 PM
We launched at Brennan and dropped anchor about 9:30. Lots of debris floating on the outgoing tide but the wife wanted to stay. *I made a couple of balancers, copied Jethrofsn's design, and set all four rods out. 1/2 hour later one of the wife's rod tipped so she immediately set the hook, her first Dino ever, and the game was on. *She fought the fish for about 10 minutes when got tired so asked me to reel it in. *Well I played with it for another 10 minutes when she got her wind back and she decided to try it again so I handed over the rod back to her. *Keep in mind that we were fishing for Stripers so we were using light tackle and light drag. *After another 10 minutes she finally brought it in but unfortunately it was about an inch too short so I took a pic and released it. *
Anyway about an hour or so later both my rods tipped on the balancer so I set both and handed one to the wife. *I brought in a striper 17-1/2" which was released, looked over to see the wife with a large grin, having the fun of her life. *I reeled in both her lines so she' have a clear playing field. Another 10-15 minutes, she brought the Dino next to the boat when it decided to dive again. *She played with it some more and again, brought it to the boat where it rolled a couple of times and said "bye bye" *:'(. *It was a keeper guesstimating 50"-52" long, but oh well *:-/.

It ended up as a beautiful day and the wife certainly enjoyed her catch or lack there of *;D.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/687113/18828039/306220545.jpg

T
02-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Good day on the water, congrats on the fish! ;D I just got a report from my buddy, he fished out there today also. He finished the day with two Sturgeon, one 80" and one around 44". Obviously both released to swim another day. He also nailed some short Stripers and a few Starry Flounders.

She played with it some more and again, brought it to the boat where it rolled a couple of times and said "bye bye"

At least she got to see it, hate it when they get off without a look. :-?

fishon_gethenet
02-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a great day. I have a buddy that went out today as well. They hooked into two sturgeon and lost both close to the boat. It's good to hear that the bite is on now. We're going out to try our luck on Friday.

wet_biker
02-27-2008, 08:21 PM
I know where the p-lines but wheres the channel. From what I have seem after the ship there are no markers.

Newty
02-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Good job Seon! It's good to see their on the bite now. What bait were you using?

Seon
02-27-2008, 08:43 PM
I know where the p-lines but wheres the channel. From what I have seem after the ship there are no markers.

The channel is clearly marked. If in doubt, hug the shoreline ;D.

As for the bait, they hit on grass shrimps and the other on frozen Shad.
Nothing hit on Chovies though.

FisherBoats
02-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Been reading and posting on the forums for awhile and never figured out where these "power lines" are. Anyways nice fish hopefully can go out there soon! Haven't been out there in over 2 weeks getting an itchy finger.

Newty
02-27-2008, 10:17 PM
As for the bait, they hit on grass shrimps and the other on frozen Shad.
Nothing hit on Chovies though.

Thanks Seon ;).

GCinGV
02-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Seon,
Where did you get your Shad? Rio Vista Bait was out this morning.
Man that weather was perfect today.
Gary

fishmaster
02-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Congrats on the nice fish! the water in that picture looks like glass. Hope its like that this weekend.

RENOBOYS
02-28-2008, 07:00 AM
nice catch Seon. I like to hear more about these stripers. When we were out last weekend, I hooked a 38" sturgeon on my little trout pole. I thought for sure it was going to break. Landed it though, after a good fight, on 10# line

Seon
02-28-2008, 07:26 AM
Seon,
Where did you get your Shad? Rio Vista Bait was out this morning.
Man that weather was perfect today.
Gary

I don't know what's happening with Rio Vista bait, they've been out of Shads for several weeks. *I bought mine from Hap's located at downtown Rio Vista.

For Fisherboats, *P-lines is located on Sac river south of Rio Vista. *If you launch at Brennan or Rio Vista, head south. *You can't miss it, especially if on the weekend....it'll look like a parking lot *;D

For Fishmaster, looks like the wind will pick up on Friday but should settle down Saturday and Sunday.

For Renoboys, nothing much to say about the Stripers we caught, all shakers but lots of fun to play with light tackle, as you can atest with your trout pole *;)

Here's the wife fighting her first ever Dino. *She said she rather have a good striper fight rather than a Dino...oh well *:-/.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/687113/18828039/306220476.jpg

swikmo
02-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Way to go! You guys make it look way to easy 8-)

see ya out there!

Swik