PDA

View Full Version : RENO BOYS HOOK UP!!!!!!

RENOBOYS
02-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Well, we just got into Reno. One day early. We fought the snow and ice to get to the Delta on Thursday morning, then had to chain up our 4x4 and boat trailer to get back over the pass.

I will post a much more detailed report later (w/ pics), but here is the summarized version.

2/21 thursday, I caught 2 sturgies. 52" & 44"- caught and released both.

2/22, which happened to be my birthday, we caught 1 more- 46-1/2" released him also.

2/23, at about midnight, (I have all the exact times & tides written down)IT WAS GAME ON!!!!. Between 12am and 4am, we landed 5 more sturgies!!!!! We couldn't keep them off the hook.

22", 38", 44", 42", and to top of my birthday present a FAT 60" ;D ;D ;D !!!!

At about 1:45, my brother-in-law hooked into something really big. It started off slow, then proceeded to strip 200'-300' of line, ending up w/ the braid binding up close to the spool and snapping 30# braid like it was 6# mono!! What a heart breaker!!!!!!

I finally laid my head down @ about 4:15am this morning. I need to get some sleep, so I will get the pics downloaded and give you the rest.

I couldn't have asked for a better Birthday Present. By far one of the best fishing days of my life, definately the best sturgeon day by far!!!!!

I HAVE BE DE-STURGEONIZED ON THE SAC!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

RENOBOYS

RENOBOYS
02-23-2008, 07:51 PM
I forgot a couple important details,--

All 8 sturgies were caught on grass/ghost shrimp cocktails. Actually one was caught on an anchovie. We tried a couple different combos of eel/grass and anchovie/grass, but the ghost/grass had the most hits.

Also all 8 of them were caught at the Moth Ball Fleet.

Seon
02-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Congrats on your sucessful outting. You and your bro-inlaw accomplished more in those few days than most locals accomplish in months...including this writer :-[.
Also, glad you made it back over the pass safe ;).

FishinSturgeon
02-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Happy B-day to you, mine was on the 19th. Great job on those fish as well. What was the general location?

HUND
02-23-2008, 08:14 PM
That is alot of fish .. great job !

doneli
02-23-2008, 09:23 PM
thanks for the report.... congratulations on your catch [smiley=cheers.gif]* and ....happy birthday [smiley=birthdays.gif] [smiley=beer.gif].....

-doneli-

gomezfish
02-24-2008, 03:47 AM
lets see some pics

RENOBOYS
02-24-2008, 07:11 AM
Thanks everyone on the B-day wishes---

I have to do some errands this morning. My bro is emailing the pics to me today. We were fishing up towards the North (North East) end of the Fleet. Yes it was a great B-day. Gonna be hard to ever beat this sturgeon day. The water temp, I think was perfect, about 51.5*-- winds were variable "glass" to about 20mph depending on the day

Happy B=day to you "fishinsturgeon".

I have pictures of every fish, I will post them later

B-RAN
02-24-2008, 08:39 AM
man. what a fun trip !

mrsockeye
02-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Man I admire you guys. I'm from Reno also, and don't like towing my boat over at this time of year becuase of what happened to you guys. I wouldn't buy chains for my boat and 4x4 truck. So I decided to sleep at Cisco Grove. Got kicked out of there and headed back down below the snow. Chain controls everywhere but highway 70, so I decided to take that. 500 hundred mile round trip, no fish, 2 hours of miserable cold sleep in the truck.