PDA

View Full Version : South Bay 2/16 Quick Keeper!

FishingTone
02-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Launch at Redwood City with only half a day to fish due to my bro. little boy B-day party at noon! *Were the first boat in the water early am with a little overcast in the morning. Head to our same fishing spot last 2 week ago with my finger cross since we only got so little of time to fish. *
Ghost & herring combo in the water with some leopard sharks action within 5minute and they were gone after about an hour. *I got a hit that look like a little shark bite, I pick up the pole and reel in the slack and set the hook at the same time. *
FISH ON!!! Didn't felt like a big one till he got close to the boat and start peeling line like crazy...
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6445/img0014at4.jpg
In the boat after some time fighting him. He measure 60 1/2".
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2518/img0015fm3.jpg
Fews boat fished around us after we *landed the fish. We decide to call the day early at the top of the incoming and head back to the dock at 9am. *Washed the boat and headed home.

DinoBlaster
02-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Nice catch :)

SPORTcoupe
02-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Nice fish, Tone. Where do you get your ghost shrimp on this side of the bay?

~Alan

lovefishhappy
02-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Very nice fish Tone, seems like lots of sturgeon are hanging out in the south bay, cus rio vista p-lines, not a single bite for me. I am jealous now ;D.

FishingTone
02-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Nice fish, Tone. Where do you get your ghost shrimp on this side of the bay?

~Alan
Alan,
I got my ghost shrimp at Fishery Supply and Ly's sporting goods in San Jose. either one of them always got good baits.
Very nice fish Tone, seems like lots of sturgeon are hanging out in the south bay, cus rio vista p-lines, not a single bite for me. I am jealous now Grin.
lovefishhappy,
The south bay normally good sturgeon fishing from November to early March. I been fishing south bay for year and finally caught my keeper after so many hours being out there.

overthehill
02-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Hey Tone,

Another nice fish from the SB. Looks like you got the hang of it for being in the right spot. Way to go. 8-)

FishingTone
02-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey Tone,

Another nice fish from the SB. Looks like you got the hang of it for being in the right spot. Way to go. 8-)

overthehill,
I just got lucky I guess. I marked only couple fish in the same area and decide to throw the anchor since I did hookup an undersize there 2 week ago. That big boy took my bait for a walked before the tides max out. Im still learning the area and study the graph each time Im out there.