PDA

View Full Version : Let's just call it a learning experience

ECVMatt
02-19-2008, 07:23 AM
So a friend (ecvmadfisherman) and I decided to fish China Camp on Sat. Man, that pier is hard to fish off of. Here is what we learned.

1. If the weather is nice, we won't catch fish.

2. DON'T fish the China Camp Pier at low tide, there will be no water to fish in.

3. Have fun!!! even with the skunk on it was still a nice day fishing.

This was out first outing where we specifically targeted strugeon, so it wasn't a big surprise that we didn't catch anything, I understand you have to put the hours in. With no boat, however we are doomed to fish what little shore access there is, next time I want to try Paradise pier, since McNears is OL now.

Oh, and I like using ghost shrimp, even if they didn't produce it just seems better than the squid and chovies I normally use in the bay, plus, I didn't have a single ray.

Matt

DinoBlaster
02-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Don't let not being on a boat slow you down I've seen plenty of Sturgeon caught from the bank while sitting in a boat watching :P

BassKet888
02-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Don't let not being on a boat slow you down I've seen plenty of Sturgeon caught from the bank while sitting in a boat watching :P

This is so true. When I'm in a boat, we don't catch poop. When we're on the bank (like in Oregon on the Columbia), we have more success.