PDA

View Full Version : Buoy33 report 58inch Suisun

Hot_Rod
02-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Well started our day heading for Dumbarton with Cuhogn and his son Charlie (On leave from the military), but on drive down Al (Cuhogn) started feeling ill. Turned around in Walnut Creek and headed back to town so that he could get a quick check in with the Doc. *Decided to go ahead and go solo. I ran down to Pittsburg and dropped in then ran on up to the ships into shallow water. Fished out the income with no luck then did a little move on the outgo. Not ten minutes after I got the anchor down I hooked a 58 inch sturg that really put me to the test. He quickly did laps around my other rod so I reached over and just released the drag on it. Then it was back and forth in and out until finally I got him to the boat. With the other line rapped around him like a Christmas present I knew the snare was going to be a challenge especially being that I was solo. Took my time and finally worked the snare over his head then in the boat he came. After cutting him loose from all of the lines and taking a couple of quick pictures back he went.

About that time Al called, saying that the Doc had given him the all clear. Made a quick run to Martinez to pick up the crew and we were back out again. The rest of the day was warm and sunny, water was like glass but the fish would not cooperate. Had a little fun getting in and out of Martinez at low tide at the end of the day. Had to resort to the kicker. Long day...... lots of miles....glass a wine.....wash the boat in the morning.

Buoy33 out

Almost forgot bait was JPS water temp 49 degrees fish caught in 15 ft of water.

http://www.coastsidefishingclub.com/forums/user_uploads/593609-RonsSturg021608.jpg

Capt'n Kev
02-16-2008, 08:11 PM
WAY TO GO RON!! GREAT JOB!!

RENOBOYS
02-16-2008, 09:41 PM
NICE FISH!!! we are heading down next week. seeing reports like this just makes me crazy. I can't wait. Congrats on the "snare job". sounds like fun.

tyeroflies
02-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Good looking fish Ron and glad to hear Alan is ok.