PDA

View Full Version : Sac river sturgy

sollimes
02-12-2008, 11:23 AM
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8792/att00102ct0.jpg

Caught this guy while fishing for Striper last Saturday.

STURGEONSTOMPER
02-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Wow, whats the measurment on that pig?

wcslingers
02-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Wow nice fish. Kind of looks oversized to me

STURGEONSTOMPER
02-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Thats what I was thinking but hey, what do I know :-[

DinoBlaster
02-12-2008, 11:44 AM
We need more information please ;)

sollimes
02-12-2008, 12:52 PM
She measure 63" not sure how much she weight I dont have a scale.
This is the second time I have caught sturgeon while fishing for stripper.
How much do you guys think she weights?

B-RAN
02-12-2008, 04:27 PM
at least a couple 100!!! ;D nice job though shes a beaute!!!!

striper_assasin
02-12-2008, 05:13 PM
id guess 75-85 pounds.and oversize.

Know_Excuses
02-12-2008, 05:24 PM
A full size truck bed is 48" between the wheel wells.I dont think that is oversize.Nice fish!!!!

liketofishalot
02-12-2008, 05:34 PM
A full size truck bed is 48" between the wheel wells.I dont think that is oversize.Nice fish!!!!

I would have to agree with you. And why would someone post up an oversize fish on a public forum anyway(with their license plate in plain view). That's lame. Nice fish....

GN.
02-12-2008, 08:36 PM
That is a pig. Just to be fair it could be a small pickup like a 90's Toyota or something similar. If I remember the dimesions correctly they're usually somewhere about 40 inches across the tailgate. It may be an illusion. Who knows. I'm just guessing.

Newty
02-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Nice fatty Thaifisher! What area of the Sac were you on?

t8t8t8
02-13-2008, 03:36 AM
nice fish! Looks like a long 66" to me! ;)

Killer2
02-13-2008, 06:53 AM
The fish looks completely legal! Especially with knowing how big a tail gate is, and it looks like toyota truck so it is even smaller. So stop head hunting for pictures of oversized fish.

Nice fish!!

*Deltadog*
02-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Nice fish...Where did you say you caught it?
Dog

Big_Easy
02-13-2008, 08:12 AM
That should make the freezer happy! ;) Real nice sturgie! :)

sollimes
02-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Now why would I post an oversize fish!!! Its a toyota tacoma the bed is less than 4ft wide.

Some of you think its oversize, maybe you have never caught anything that big. I have never target sturgeon only caught 2 in my entire life.
Just thought of sharing with the fellow sniffer would get some negative response.

Thai

*Deltadog*
02-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Now why would I post an oversize fish!!! Its a toyota tacoma the bed is less than 4ft wide.

Some of you think its oversize, maybe you have never caught anything that big. I have never target sturgeon only caught 2 in my entire life.
Just thought of sharing with the fellow sniffer would get some negative response.

Thai

TF, at first glance that fish does look to possibly be oversize. I had to take a second and third look to see that it was an optical illusion :o, and the photo is real close up. I dont think anybody meant to bust yer chops. And will gladly offer an apology should they have offended you.
Now....where were you fishing when you caught that? Your post says Sac river, but thats a lot of water if you know what I mean... ;)
Dog

StraightBallin
02-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Thai,

You have to remember that there are HATERS errrwhere!!!! Nice catch!!!

StripeSideChaser
02-13-2008, 09:35 AM
If your fish was 63", the average weight would be about 74 pounds, but that looks to be a bit on the heavy side, so maybe a little more.
Here is a link to a white sturgeon weight chart:

http://www.coastangler.com/fishing/sturgeon_weight_estimator.shtml

Nice fish, btw. *Big sturgeon on striper tackle is a blast. *A buddy of mine hooked one last week while striper fishing... turned out to be a LONG fight. *It was a 44" dino, tail hooked on 12 # test. *It was his first dino, and he was pretty stoked. *He didn't even mind releasing it when I explained the regs (undersized and snagged). *My best on light tackle was a 77" on 165 yds of 15# test. *The fish almost spooled me twice and fried the levelwind on my reel... it was an awesome catch and release.

fishon_gethenet
02-13-2008, 10:05 AM
I couldn't see the pic?

Question...how do you know when you have a sturgeon on a striper rig? The reason I ask is that when we were fishing this weekend in Montezuma I had something weird happen. OK, I had a bullhead on..the line starting to peel (just like it would with a striper) I went to set the hook and it was as if I just snagged a log or something? I put the pole back down because there was no give in the line at all. A couple minutes later the line starting to spool again?? There was no give in the line so I thought I was just snagged. I ended up pulling on the line and it snapped between the weight and the bullhead? Could that have been a sturgeon? *:'(

707fisherman
02-13-2008, 11:31 AM
last time i fished for "stripper" i ended up with an empty pocket and my clothes smelled like victoria secret body sprays
[smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

I LOVE IT HAHAHHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!

THAI GREAT CATCH MAN AWSOME FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishon_gethenet *I would have to say that verywell *could have been a BIG STURGEON my friend

fishmaster
02-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Nice sturgeon, was that you at the powerlines? I saw a guy fishing with anchovies for striper catch one.

dimpala95
02-13-2008, 02:38 PM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/331/att00102ct0ev8.jpg

fishhook60
02-13-2008, 06:18 PM
thats a nice fish my first sturgeon was caught while striper fishing it was a half inch underlegal size and weighed 96 lbs but i think the slot size was bigger back then mine was caught on a 49 dollar combo from cabellas with 17lb line because my other rod had just got spooled fiftenn minutes before so i caught my first one an a striper rig back up

Jerrdirt
02-13-2008, 06:44 PM
I hate to blow up the spots, but I heard Knights Landing and Colusa around County Line Rd. is producing a few. I haven't had the chance to go out but normally this time of year can be really productive.

BTW, please be careful unhooking the oversize ones ;).

gomezfish
02-13-2008, 09:12 PM
lol @ the thought of someone taking a picture of an oversize on there truck bed with the plates in full view

was my stripper comment offensive?

lol@ some on the fish sniffer named "strightballin" not hatin though

ibanezax
02-14-2008, 08:02 AM
:)
Nice Fish!!

Don't let all the negative comments keep you from posting.

Can't make everyone happy!!! ;D ;D

Where are the stipers??!!

StraightBallin
02-14-2008, 08:22 AM
lol @ the thought of someone taking a picture of an oversize on there truck bed with the plates in full view

was my stripper comment offensive?

lol@ some on the fish sniffer named "strightballin" *not hatin though

Oh I know you weren't hatin, it was the people saying that it was oversized and what not....the stripper comment had me rollin!

Glock26
02-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Thai,
Nice catch!!!!
To those haters, stop making false allegations!! I see this many times on this forum. If it is not the oversize issue then it is the catch and release issue. Here is what they see:

Thai = Asian = Poacher, period!!!

It may have been a different story if your name was Kevin, Bob, etc.
It is then "I would release it."

If you witnessed someone violated the law, call the appropriate authorities. I am in support of prosecution to the maximum.

Otherwise, fish hard, and I wish you all catch lots of fishes.

*Deltadog*
02-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Thai,
Nice catch!!!!
To those haters, stop making false allegations!! *I see this many times on this forum. *If it is not the oversize issue then it is the catch and release issue. *Here is what they see:

Thai = Asian = Poacher, period!!!

It may have been a different story if your name was Kevin, Bob, etc.
It is then "I would release it." *

If you witnessed someone violated the law, call the appropriate authorities. *I am in support of prosecution to the maximum. *

Otherwise, fish hard, and I wish you all catch lots of fishes.
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Dog