PDA

View Full Version : i am hooked for life

j_kne21
02-12-2008, 09:37 PM
after 5 years of fishing for these dang fish i was rewarded yesterday with a 65 1/2 " beauty. i caught it on ghost shrimp. i was just sitting there and my rod started bouncing bottom really hard and fast and then all of a sudden the rod started to dip and the line started to rise towards the surface. i picked it up and the rest was a blast. it even tail walked a little and was thrasing around the surface like a shark or somehting. i am now hooked for life and will go every chance i get. now i will eat it in a few. will try and post pics on thursday when i get them developed.

Seon
02-13-2008, 06:27 AM
... will try and post pics on thursday when i get them developed.

Congrats on your catch!

But you'll need to come to the 21st century and get a digital camera *:-? ;D ;D. *Just kidding *;D

Now the fun begins, you're going to be attending sturgeon seminars, buying or making wire leaders, upgrading to those light tip rods with a heavy backbone, gold colored ball bearing reels with an extra loud clicker, rod balancer, etc.... *:o. *Then by the time you get all your upgrads, you'll get all your "hits" on the second rod.. your old striper rig * *:-/ *:'( *;D.

DinoBlaster
02-13-2008, 08:26 AM
another one bites the dust....Sturgeon fisherman that is.. ;D

j_kne21
02-13-2008, 08:58 AM
i do have a digital but it broke last week and we are waiting to get it fixed. and it's funny you say that about catching it on your second rod because that's what happened. i had my sturgeon rod out and i had just put out but 8 foot 10-20 pound test lamiglas and it hit my lamiglas. but hey at least i had some goo line and a great leader.

gomezfish
02-13-2008, 09:15 PM
dam 5 years?..... ive been after them since november so i might have a long time.

HUND
02-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Right on !

Gatta love the fight

j_kne21
02-13-2008, 09:39 PM
the fight was by far the best thing ever. i even got the shaky knees and the beating heart. i think the only thing that comes close to the fight is how good they are. i cant wait to hook into another one.

*Deltadog*
02-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Do tell...Where did you catch your fish. Bank or boat?
Dog

KenBfishing
02-14-2008, 09:02 AM
after 5 years of fishing for these dang fish i was rewarded yesterday with a 65 1/2 " beauty. i caught it on ghost shrimp. i was just sitting there and my rod started bouncing bottom really hard and fast and then all of a sudden the rod started to dip and the line started to rise towards the surface. i picked it up and the rest was a blast. it even tail walked a little and was thrasing around the surface like a shark or somehting. i am now hooked for life and will go every chance i get. now i will eat it in a few. will try and post pics on thursday when i get them developed.

5 years oh man oh man you gotta watch the bite more sturgys are sneaky

j_kne21
02-14-2008, 07:39 PM
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5756/dsci0002zd6.th.jpg (http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsci0002zd6.jpg&s=1)

camotracker
02-14-2008, 09:01 PM
sweeet. sound like you are hooked on stergi's now. congrats

Newty
02-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Nice fish! Your life might not ever be the same now. If your like me your family won't see ya as much now, the chores at home start backing up, you spend all extra money you have on the boat, warm gear, bait, gas getting to your favorite spot. It's almost sounds like *substance abuse *;D.

JPFX
02-15-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm almost there with you. It's been over 3 yrs for me. I have caught onto 2 of them and they both broke free after 10+ minutes battles. The fight really is something though. It's like you hooked into a sunken ship! Congrats!