PDA

View Full Version : Suisun Bay Sturgeon Tuesday Feb 12 2008

GuyBrown
02-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Steve Murakami, my lucky dog, Spike, and I spent most of the day in Suisun Bay above the Mothball Fleet soaking bait for sturgeon. We launched at Belden Landing after stopping for Ghost shrimp at Rio Vista B&T and Grass shrimp at Suisun Bait & Stuff. 7 hours, 21miles, two undersized sturgeon, two small stripers and one undersized striper. Water 49.9-51.6*, dirty, some debris in the water; air 45-68*; sky clear; wind 0-3 mph. We fished an outgoing tide all day. Guy got a 22’ striper on Ghost/Grass shrimp. Around 11:00 a.m. while Steve is taking a break his pole goes down, Guy gets it, sets the hook, fights fish until Steve takes over. Steve brings a sturgeon along side, Guy measures it at 37” and releases it in the water. Ghost/Grass shrimp with Bang Crawfish/Shad spray. 11:40 Steve’s pole goes down, he fights and brings a sturgeon along side, Guy measures it at 44” and releases it in the water. Ghost/Grass shrimp with Bang Crawfish/Shad spray. 11:58 Steve catches and releases an 18” striper, same bait. 12:05 Steve catches and releases an 12” striper, same bait. We heard virtually no radio traffic on channels 11/68/73. Another beautiful day on the water, sunny, no wind, 5-10 miles visibility. Thanks for the company and sturgeon catching lesson Steve.

gomezfish
02-12-2008, 07:03 PM
at least they were biting

Luke
02-12-2008, 07:41 PM
No radio blabber is a good thing it means you get to fish in peace without a horde of boats around. Nice report by the way and I sure do wish I could fish on a weekday :)
Luke

Newty
02-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Good report. I wish I was out there today, weekday trips are always more peaceful without the usual weekend boat traffic. Nice job hooking some fish.