PDA

View Full Version : Nada for krome but an oversize for the boat

kromebrite
02-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Took an adventure aboard the Morning Star on Saturday with a load of about 15. Morning started out OK but the winds and rain kicked in about 11 and it became very difficult to fish. San Pablo was blown out, so efforts were concentrated in Suisun bay. Never have fished this area before, so it was good to fish new water. Fished by the fleet in about 30' water for a couple of pumps for two guys who missed. As a last-ditch effort, Cpt. Mike headed over to Seal island area in about 15' water. We were all talking about heading in when a 15 year old guy who has never been on a boat or really fished much gets a pump. He swings and locks on to a pig. 1 hour later and a few times that it looked like he was going to get spooled or have the beast wrap around a marker, up comes an approximately 74-77 inch sturg. No specific measure as the fish was released in the water. After that bit of excitment, headed back to Crockett and a quart of the clam chowder from the Nantucket.
Difficult conditions, but a fun adventure nonetheless. 8-)

ZACK
02-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Nice Post,
and thanks for sharing. With the exception of an exeptional fish I really don't care who's catching the fish I just like to be part of a Drama on board when the fight between man and beast begins. I bet that 15 year old will remember that fish his whole life and you might have a hard time forgetting it as well. Good stuff, ZACK!

STURGEONSTOMPER
02-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Nice job krome...... ;) Kids are great ;D