PDA

View Full Version : Boat question???

BIG_ONE
02-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey people, im thinking of getting a charter boat in the future, i might open my own charter fishing, i found a trophy boat 21', im not sure what is the passenger max, and i found a pro-line sport 23', seems to be like 5 passenger, but then it doesn't have a restroom, not too sure of it though >:( can anyone help me to find a boat suitable up to sturgeon, and also 5 passenger at least, with restroom too, bait tank, and other junks, and in the 20ft-26ft range, gotta be new boats btw :-/

BIG_ONE
02-03-2008, 08:04 PM
almost forgot, can't be over 40 grand in prices, no need those giant boats like first class style lol ;D

Right_Hook
02-04-2008, 04:41 PM
I dont think your goin to find a boat that can fish 5 clients with comfort under 26ft while sturgeon fishing!! If you plan on fishin the bay for butts or ocean salmon, cod you can do it out of a 26ft boat. You need to look at a boat with wide beam. I run PARKERS Bad A@# 25ft and I fish 4 clients sturgeon and 6 for everything else, but the boat is almost 10ft wide. Check my ride out. www.righthooksportfishing.com!!

PS You might wanna think twice about startin up a charter. The fishin Industry is goin down hill and fast!! Just my 2 cents!!

FisherBoats
02-04-2008, 04:53 PM
I dont think your goin to find a boat that can fish 5 clients with comfort under 26ft while sturgeon fishing!! If you plan on fishin the bay for butts or ocean salmon, cod you can do it out of a 26ft boat. You need to look at a boat with wide beam. I run PARKERS Bad A@# 25ft and I fish 4 clients sturgeon and 6 for everything else, but the boat is almost 10ft wide. Check my ride out. www.righthooksportfishing.com!!

PS You might wanna think twice about startin up a charter. The fishin Industry is goin down hill and fast!! Just my 2 cents!!

I think I seen you guys out there before. Out on Martinez Ramp?

Right_Hook
02-04-2008, 05:07 PM
you prob have I run out of martinez durin sturgeon season!!

Reel-Lentless
02-04-2008, 05:12 PM
What's a little more competion going to hurt? Good luck, like Jay said, our fisheries are going down hill real fast. Don't get into a boat that your going to have to fish to pay for. Good luck with your endeavor and I'll see you out there somewhere.

Intimidator
02-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Big One if you can find a boat like that for that price, would you let me know.
Good thing I haven't quit my day job because my phone isn't ringing?

Capt. Mike

GCinGV
02-05-2008, 06:46 AM
If this years Salmon season doesnít materialize there may be a lot more boats on the market.
The charter business has got to be tough even in the best of times but if you donít have to rely on the income it could be a great way to feed your fishing habit as long as it doesnít turn into a job.
Good luck and I hope it works out.
GC

BIG_ONE
02-05-2008, 11:37 PM
intimidator...i found a boat, a good awesome one!!! might be bit pricy tho, fits like 5-6 passenger, center console type of boat, bad problem, can't find dealer in california that carries it, lemme get the site so you guys can check it out ;) http://www.anglerboats.com/ they might be mainly for saltwater, but they look really comfy, even out in the hot sun, no cabin or anything, there's cabin type and others too but my type is the center console :D ;)