PDA

View Full Version : Vallejo area Reports?

GCinGV
01-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Any reports from San Pablo or the Napa? Should be getting good soon if not already.
Thanks GC

THE_TROUTKING
01-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Before this last series of storms the bite was good out in the canal east of the pump house several fish caught and some one had one fishing the canal 'back towards the Petaluma river.

Brian

GCinGV
01-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks Trout King,
I think Iíll go check it out.
GC

RR
02-01-2008, 08:22 PM
hey gary,
i see you asking questions about my neck of the woods . my computer is down so i haven't posted last weekends trip .
we were out in our normal spot on the outgo . talked on the radio and found out no one was catching anything . to bad they were fishing so deep ! we went through 2 lbs. of shrimp and a couple dozen ghost . end of the day total was 4 shakers and 3 keeper size to 58 inches . the bite was very lite . i'm sure we had 35 or so bites from sturgeon on that tide . could hardly believe we missed so many fish !
hope to have my computer back up next week . drop me a line then .
rich

HUND
02-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Pictures please .... ;)

With this rain it should red hot right now

GCinGV
02-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the report Rich. Man you had a killer day. Sounds like they may be stacked into the shallows. Maybe the temps are a little higher then in the main channel right now.
You still launching over at Skaggs?

A buddy went out Thursday but only ended up with one 44Ē in 10 ft of water, near the Pump House during the outgo. He said he also graphed above the 37 bridge in the Napa for no marks at all which surprised me.
We should see plenty of reports after the derby. We have some nice tides coming up this month beginning tomorrow through Friday and then starting again on the 15th should be a good month for SP and the area.
GC

HUND
02-02-2008, 12:49 PM
speaking of tides ... what is the best to fish?

GCinGV
02-02-2008, 02:26 PM
speaking of tides ... what is the best to fish?

Really no set rules but in that area I like to fish the shallow water during the bigger out-going tides. At SP youíll catch them throughout the tides but in general it does seem to kick out a few more fish around the big minus tides.
GC

HUND
02-02-2008, 07:56 PM
We have a few of those coming up too ...

Time to rig up !

RR
02-03-2008, 06:32 PM
right now launching is tough. blackpoint is closed , should be open soon . last time we launched from the greek resturaunt on the petaluma river . time before that in hudeman slough , made it back in in a foot of water . fun .
Rich

fishin_adiction
02-03-2008, 07:51 PM
How has it been in sp.. last time i went out that way all we got were couple bat rays and two sand sharks and on fat leapard.. Been thinkin of goin back out that way, the only prob is its a lot further to some cuts if the nasty mr wind comes back up!!

HUND
02-03-2008, 08:03 PM
time before that in hudeman slough , made it back in in a foot of water . fun .

In a 18' or bigger you are screwed on a minus tide

I hope they open BP soon.. that is a long ride from Vallejo to the PH

RR
02-05-2008, 04:07 PM
it was a minus tide , but it was coming in . the boat is only 17' . got stuck twice. just waited a couple minutes and took off again. it was fun.
rich