PDA

View Full Version : Cache Slough Report 2/2/2008

BassJack
02-04-2008, 11:52 AM
2/2/2008 – Launched at Hogback Island with Sean and Dustin at 11:00 am. We headed up into Cache Slough. I marked some nice sturgeon in 40’ of water by the bend, but our only bite of the day was a 5 lb Sacramento Pike-Minnow that I landed at the end of the incoming tide. We used lamprey, roe, shad and sardines. We moved around looking for fish but couldn’t find any takers. The weather was really windy and raining. Off the water at 3:30 pm. The water was muddy and 46 degrees.

Doctor_Dan
02-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Glad to hear that you at least made it out. How is the launch at Hogback? I ended up having to work this last weekend, so I had to cancel my plans :( :(

Dan

JohnB
02-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the report, I am headed out there tomorrow, how was the debris in Cash? I have had some great reports coming out of there this week it sounds like they are there in good numbers.

BassJack
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Hogback is a Sacramento County launch. I have the annual pass - I believe that it's $8 to launch.

The debris was annoying but not too crazy. You really have to watch your propeller when driving. There will be a build-up of grass and leaves on your line.

doneli
02-04-2008, 05:42 PM
thanks for the report jack.....i hope the weather will improve this week end so i can be able to take the boat out.... good luck

-doneli-