PDA

View Full Version : A little help please

NRSCOUT
01-30-2008, 10:22 AM
I have been very busy with the ISE and have not had a chance to get out and fish for a while. Friday I will be targeting the sturgeon and want to launch from Brannon. My question is, with the water rising what kind of clearence is there going under the bridge getting to the Sac. ? I have a 22' Seahawk with the semi ridged hardtop.

Thanks in advance for your help.

NRSCOUT

By the way. Are there any fish ?

BIG_ONE
01-30-2008, 03:02 PM
There is fish all over sac river, just gotta find em :D ;)

Intimidator
01-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Russ maybe use the Rio Vista ramp?
Just a thought.
Let me know when you get back, because I'm allot taller in my boat with arch and Radar.
And I'm thinking about heading out there Saturday morning.

Capt. Mike

Loves-to-Fish
01-30-2008, 04:51 PM
coming out of three mile into the sac river the bridge operator should lift the bridge for larger boats? I'm not sure on this? let us know what you find out. I'm curious too.

LTF :)

bigdaddy90
01-30-2008, 07:56 PM
he will definately lift it for ya, that is why he is there. give min a call on ch 9 or 16 on the vhf. good luck

Intimidator
02-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Well did you make it out?
how about a report?

Capt.
Mike

NRSCOUT
02-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Headed out of Brannon around 6:30 AM, no problem going under bridge. pleanty of room for now. Headed directly for chain island, looked for sturgeon for about 45minutes, saw very few. Decided to anchor up on the only fish we saw. Fished for about 2 hr's with only a few bites and no hookups. From there we headed to the mothball fleet marked quite a few fish. Fished for a few more hours for nada. Headed out to Montezuma saw a few boats, fished for a few more hours for nada. Decided to follow Montezuma all the way to chain Island. Headed back up the Sac. and fished light 10 for a few more minutes before calling it a day. Coming home empty handed, not a good thing.

The winds picked up in the afternoon to what I think were around 12 to 15 MPH. The wind was blowing against the tide and on the way back creating some decent rollers, we were catching a lot of air. My boat came completly out of the water many times. WHAT A RIDE!!!!.

This was a good test of the boat.

Will try again when the water warms a little.

NRSCOUT

donzitroller
02-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Good to spend time on the water even without fish.. but it makes it helps. I need a clearance of 10' before I need the bridge raised. 80% of the time it's no problem..

Intimidator
02-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the report.
That's why the call it fishing not catching.
How was the river? Lots of stuff comong down?
Looks like we are going to get a break, should be better next weekend.
NRSCOUT let's get together and get out there *one day, more boats working together on the water can find more fish.

Capt. Mike

NRSCOUT
02-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Capt. Mike

Sounds good to me.

NRSCOUT