PDA

View Full Version : any advice on bank spots

strongster
01-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Lookin for a spot south of freeport bridge. Im thinkin the bank due the crap floatin down the river.I was thinkin hood or even more south , wherever. goin next weekend. any advise deserves a 12 pack in my book.

Uglystick916
01-25-2008, 08:28 PM
across from Clarsksberg Freeport side to Hood anywhere is a good spot....Good luck

strongster
01-25-2008, 09:06 PM
will do, thanx alot.

fishn4me
01-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Go down past Locke there are some good areas to pull over. I have had some good take downs out there but no result as of yet. You can also try Merrits on the Clarksburg side but expect a crowd of people.

strongster
01-26-2008, 07:41 AM
I have heard stories of merrits and we aren't lookin to be there. locke sounds cool. do you think farther down river i go the better? only want to go so far though. locke sounds great. Thank you

gomezfish
01-26-2008, 11:43 AM
lol..ive never fished around hood , whats all the fuss about , do people get bait knifes pulled on um or som?do cars get jacked?

fishin_adiction
01-26-2008, 03:06 PM
thats funny, bait knife fighting?? LOOK out, mine is old rusty and nastly ass heck, think there is leftover sardine jiuce and everything [smiley=fencing.gif]

gomezfish
01-26-2008, 03:17 PM
one time i was night fishing in bolinas with my cousin and this old beachbum lady crept on us from the shadows , her face was all sunburnt and leathery and she started shoutin at us as she walked towards us telling us thaqt our lantern was getting in the way of her sleep , im a pretty tough dude but this really freaked me out , i griped my bait knife while my cousin asked her what she needed, she ended up leaving us alone fr a while but then as im standing on the beacg i start feeling rocks land behind us , SHE WAS THROWIN ROCKS AT US! my cousin said i was just imagining it but i was getting all freaked out , we ended up leaving that area and fished the muddflats for some keeper leopard sharks

fishin_adiction
01-27-2008, 07:57 AM
HAHAHA thats funny! i have never had problems like that, i do remember on one occasion i think i was like 16 or 18, sometime ago, my friend and i were salmon fishing by hazel bridge on the american, he hooked into a nice one took him down riv for a bit, we were bankin, some dude came up next to me in my buddy spot and started fishin like we knew eachother or some thin??? :-? I know that the water and shore dont belong to me, but i politelly told him that my friend and i were staying untill sundown and he should return to fish here shortly, and i dont really know you so if you dont mind movin up or down a bit?? Not so long after i saw this does he start talkin bsenities and sayin how i a young punk and i should shut my mouth if i knew what was good for me!!

Well needless to say, my bud comes back with the look of success on his face as if he just won a title bout, ask me what the f.,k! and the dude starts yellin at both of us, being the young punks that we were, we got agrovated real quick!!!

I bit my line, droped my pole, and swear to you just like in grade school, knelt down behind and buddy pushed the ******* into the drink!! and the current moves right there, we started laughin as he had to swim threw probably five or six people beadin, then we just ran back to trucks and took off for the day! ha the only part i feal bad about is the biting the line off in the water, but hopefully it snagged up on someone else and they cleaned it up for me, sorry if it was u!

gomezfish
01-27-2008, 11:34 AM
ME AND MY BUDDIES GOT INTO IT WITH SOME YOUNGPUNKS AT TREASURE ISLAND, THEY GOT THE JOB CORPS RIGHT IN THERE AL;ONG WITH ALL THE MISGUIDED MISFITS THAT ROAM IT AT NIGHT, THIS DRUNK DUDE FROM ARIZONA WAS TELLING ME HOW HE WAS 100% NATIVE AMERICAN N SOME OTHER CRAP , HE STEPED THE LINE WITH ME , IM NOT GONNA GET INTO DETAILS , IM JUST GONNA SAY THAT WE HAD TO PACK IT UP REALLY QUICK BEFORETHE AUTHORITES GOT THERE! ;)

crowbar1
01-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Can't we all just get along? ;)

johnbund
01-27-2008, 08:04 PM
I bit my line, droped my pole, and swear to you just like in grade school, knelt down behind and buddy pushed the ******* into the drink!! *and the current moves right there, we started laughin as he had to swim threw probably five or six people beadin, then we just ran back to trucks and took off for the day! ha the only part i feal bad about is the biting the line off in the water, but hopefully it snagged up on someone else and they cleaned it up for me, sorry if it was u!

Heh. Even though he most likely deserved it, I don't think there is any excuse for getting physical with someone out there. I carry a firearm when I am fishing alone from shore. If you pushed me into a moving river, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot you dead. If someone is being a dick out there I just leave, too many crazies out there nowadays.

JB

crowbar1
01-27-2008, 08:48 PM
this thread is going downhill very fast.....

I suspect a mod is going to be here sooooon.....

fishin_adiction
01-28-2008, 05:41 AM
You know I understand the point of the crazy people out there, and the want to protect urself and everything, but in my opinion, if you "wouldn't hesitate to shoot me dead" just for pushin you in the water, dude to me you are just adding to the mass amounts of crazy people out in this messed up world today.

There are a lot of idiots out there these days but thats no reason to shoot them. I mean it is only fishing, and you can always man up and go stand up to them and be a MAN, to me shoting some one over petty thing is very cowardly and girlish in my opinon. I myself have guns and love shoting stuff, but i dont think of shooting people unless it is THE LAST MEANS OF SURVIVAL. I certainly dont prepare a gun when i do go fishing, think you might want to move, cause most people out there are cool!

dbass
01-28-2008, 07:18 AM
This thread is speeding away from the original post [smiley=thumbdown.gif] Mod's please intervene :P

Seon
01-28-2008, 07:54 AM
I had a similar experience on a public pier. *We fount that seems like hours and I was winning until she backed hand me *:o. *That's the last time I'll mouth off to the wife *:-/ ;D ;D.

bayareafishermen
01-28-2008, 09:16 AM
wow thats pretty wild to see some lady do that especially when the land is sohuge and one little light affects the time of sleeping ithink she just like you hahah jk.I would of gotten a paint lamp then and really pist her off!!!..haha if they pushed their buttonsi would..

gomezfish
01-28-2008, 06:58 PM
I bit my line, droped my pole, and swear to you just like in grade school, knelt down behind and buddy pushed the ******* into the drink!! *and the current moves right there, we started laughin as he had to swim threw probably five or six people beadin, then we just ran back to trucks and took off for the day! ha the only part i feal bad about is the biting the line off in the water, but hopefully it snagged up on someone else and they cleaned it up for me, sorry if it was u!

Heh. Even though he most likely deserved it, I don't think there is any excuse for getting physical with someone out there. I carry a firearm when I am fishing alone from shore. If you pushed me into a moving river, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot you dead. If someone is being a dick out there I just leave, too many crazies out there nowadays.

JB

lol...s*it hapens!

johnbund
01-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Well, I don't plan on shooting anyone, but the second someone becomes a physical threat I think one is entitled to do whatever is nessicary to protect him/her self. Violence sucks, why even touch that guy, just leave. What if that guy couldn't swim or freaked out? Pushing someone into a moving river isn't petty in my opinion.

Stand up for myself? Be a man? Seems pretty foolish to me, I don't need to win some pissing contest on the bank to prove my manhood. If wimping out avoids a confrontation, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But if it comes to him or me, trust me its gonna be the other guy.

BIG_ONE
01-28-2008, 11:28 PM
*sigh* i only carry firearms if i go fishing at nite, by the way, i think pushing someone into a moving river, you can put their lyfe in danger, plus you can go to jail for it...also beware that some fish and game warden goes undercover...don't mess around too much, anyways try to get back to the topic, might get in trouble ;D

MontanaN8V
01-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Two in the chest, one in the head! [smiley=guns.gif] [smiley=seestars.gif]

gomezfish
01-30-2008, 08:19 PM
LOL WASUP RICH ,

MontanaN8V
01-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Not much brother. Recovered well from surgery, waiting for a call to hook into a dino with ya!

strongster
01-31-2008, 04:57 PM
u know what, I dont think i'm want to go south of freeport boys, might take the boat to rio vista for some dino's on sat morn. alot of proud american fisherman on this deal. you guyz (and me 2 now that I live here) have the best fishery in the west coast here and thats alot to be proud of. I have 2 boys 5 and 7 and if most of us do what we can to keep it great for our kids. 10 years ago I didn't necessarily feel that way. Anyways good luck out there and dont catch em all' lol

gomezfish
01-31-2008, 07:34 PM
sh*t probly next weekend! this weekend ill be out on the derby , we had an extra seat untill about an hour ago!

MontanaN8V
02-01-2008, 12:43 PM
I have nothing planned 4 next wknd, pm me and let me know what i need to fish for them, punch card, tackle, etc