PDA

View Full Version : Maps.live.com

wood2turn
01-24-2008, 08:19 AM
I was wondering how many of you use maps.live.com to keep track of the changes in the rivers. I was looking at the skagit river delta near my home this mornign trying to figure out where would be a good place to fish and to my surprise the area has changed a huge amount since the last flood! Where there used to be a very very large shallow flat we now have what appears to be a fairly large deeper area in the middle of the flat. Apparently the flood washed out enough sediment to create a ridge of sorts between the river outflow and the main channel. If anyone would like to see what I'm talking about go to maps.live.com and zom in on the NE end of Puget Sound. Look for a town called LaConner, (it's on the channelI talked about in another post). Just S. of the channel is the river I want to Sturgie fish in.

Thanks,
Terry B.

fishin_adiction
01-26-2008, 09:15 AM
I usually use google, can you actually see difference from computer, or are you refering back to it after you see in real life? i do check google for different areas or finding places to launch in the area especially if have not been there before, or even plot my day out a week in advance and i look at the over all places were I "think" they might be and were people have been catchin them, and see whats most efficient for the boat we are takin out..

just my opinion........... F A

wood2turn
01-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Yeah Fishin'

*I used to use Google but found that Maps.live was more up to date. *Without paying for the super duper version of google yer looking at photos at least 6 mo. old. *I like either of them to find darker water (indicating deeper holes) though. *

Did you by chance use either program to look at the area I'm mentioned? The Skagit River delta?

Terry B.