PDA

View Full Version : What the current river condition?

liketofishalot
01-24-2008, 02:11 PM
hello,
I was just wondering what the current river conditions are for the Sacramento area(freeport to hood) and if they are safe to take a boat(17ft) out on since we have a storm passing through right now. Are there any logs floating down the river? I am coming down this weekend to do some sturgeon fishing and hope to launch at Merrits landing or Garcia Bend. Which one would be better? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Ju

Luke
01-24-2008, 06:00 PM
You can go to weather.com or accuweather.com . and check by zip code or you can check the noaa forcast for the region. Its supposed to be stormy this weekend

liketofishalot
01-24-2008, 06:38 PM
thanks suisun luke... I checked it out already.. my main concern is 15 foot logs floating down the river. I don't want to drive all the way down there and see huge logs floating down the river and then end up driving back home.

GN.
01-24-2008, 10:59 PM
I was out in the area on Monday and didn't see anything big floating down at that time. I didn't go down as far as Freeport but the river as far down as the pocket area was fairly clean. With all this rain coming down it could increase the flows and bring some more stuff down but I think you would probably be okay. Good luck.

GN

ZACK
01-24-2008, 11:29 PM
good question. Bet there will be floating trees, rail road ties, duck blinds, you name it. It's just par for the course after a big storm in the river, delta, sloughs, straits, and bays. However, it shouldn't keep you home. Just like while driving slowing down on the water too will encrease your reaction time. Take it slow and be alert out there and it should be fine. That warning doesn't just apply post storms. The water is full of crap and a monster tree floating down the river might only reveal a few branches. Now wind may keep me home, or atleast limit my fishing choices to areas that can provide wind breaks. ZACK!

BIG_ONE
01-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Don't worry you'll be fine, i fish for sturgeon at hood all the time, current may be a lil faster only, but you'll do fine :D

Thick_T-Bone
01-25-2008, 05:17 PM
The river should be fine. Just make sure you have your rain gear.

liketofishalot
01-25-2008, 05:20 PM
thanks for the info. I'm getting the boat ready right now and the wife is giving me that you are a crazy SOB look. The guys and I will get a little wet but oh well. It's fishing...

Ju

FishingTone
01-25-2008, 06:15 PM
thanks for the info. I'm getting the boat ready right now and the wife is giving me that you are a crazy SOB look. The guys and I will get a little wet but oh well. It's fishing...

Ju

10-20mph winds with the rains is a bit crazy to out there in the river.
Be careful out there!

c-swirl-sean
01-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Stay home, this past front has disloged many trees of the bank. Be Safe! ;)