PDA

View Full Version : DERBY THIS WEEK END  STURGEON EVERYWHERE

Lucky_Strike__Rich
01-16-2008, 09:19 AM
This week end should be a lot of fun for everyone. I will be with Jordonna going around checking fish and giving out all the winning tickets HA!,
I do take bribes, pay-ola or PEPSI'S
I can not fish in the DERBY "RATS" I wanted to win all your money too.
Should be a great turn out for the second annuel "Catch and RELRASE DERBY.
This is the ONLY Sturgeon DERBY I stand behind.
NCB do you want to use one of my RODS
Zack, I don't want to hear any crap about your boat not running.
Die Hard Lynda, no yelling at POOR AL.
Steve Thurmond NO putting BANNA's of other peoples boats

Lets all have fun. If I can help anyone just let me know. Be safe.
See you all on the water.. ;D ;D ;D Rich

707fisherman
01-16-2008, 09:46 AM
* *Die Hard *Lynda, no yelling at POOR *AL.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D POOR AL RICH YOUR TOO MUCH LOL HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Hot_Rod
01-16-2008, 09:27 PM
I hate to miss all of the fun, but I'll be up at the ISE show in Sac Saturday and Sunday. I have not been fishing in two weeks...... boy am I going through withdrawls. I'll probably see you all at the seminar on Friday night though.
Ron

ZACK
01-17-2008, 12:35 AM
* *This week end should be a lot of fun for everyone. I will be with Jordonna going around checking fish and giving out all the winning tickets HA!, *
* *I do take bribes, pay-ola or PEPSI'S
* *I can not fish in the DERBY *"RATS" *I wanted to win all your money too.
* *Should be a great turn out for the second annuel "Catch and RELRASE DERBY.
* This is the ONLY Sturgeon DERBY I stand behind.
* *NCB do you want to use one of my RODS
* *Zack, I don't want to hear any crap about your boat not running.
* *Die Hard *Lynda, no yelling at POOR *AL.
* *Steve Thurmond NO putting BANNA's of other peoples boats

*Lets all have fun. If I can help anyone just *let me know. *Be safe.
*See you all on the water.. * * ;D ;D ;D Rich
Well, here comes da excuses. lol Wife is going out of town, I have work and kids to tend to, etc, etc.
However, I do blab on and on about how noble, and enlightened of ah guy I am for having the social conscience to fish “Catch & Release” and with that said I feel compelled to support this GRAND idea of a “Catch & Release” derby. I can fish anytime except 8am to 1pm. I'll call you tomorrow RT and get the particulars. Sounds like fun!

Ps. Rich, I know why your really aren’t fishing the derby. You don't want to fork over all of your Pepsi’s when my boat out fishes yours! *
;D ZACK!

chiselchest
01-17-2008, 07:47 PM
This is one great Derby. *I'll also be a weigh-in vessel for the Derby. *Rich, I was really dissapointed we couldn't ride together, but maybe we can get a trip set up later if that's OK with you?

The Derby is going to be great. *It's a very well organized, well ran Derby. *This is the second year, and everyone was very pleased with the outcome of the 1st one!

The Sturgeon Seminar FRIDAY Night is FREE to ANYONE to attend, please stop by!

Here's some info scaped from the Coast Side Forum, with a link at the bottom:
"This is one of the best-run Derby’s you will ever have the opportunity to attend. There is a free Seminar Friday night, January 18th (at which you can register) and the Derby is Saturday, January 19th. I hope to see you there!!!! Please read on and click on the links below.

The Derby’s Panel at the Seminar represent a broad base of good fishermen and women.

Seminar will include a Q & A panel to answer questions, led by some of the top Sturgeon Fishermen who have a lot of experience fishing the waters where the derby will be held:

* Steve Talmadge, of Flash Fishing

* Barry & Diane Canevaro, of Fish Hookers Sportfishing

* Mike Andrews, of Predator Sportfshing

* Frank Mill, of Fury Sportfishing

* Jeremy Kangas, of Stickem Sportfishing

Seminar will also have a presentation on how to properly “Catch and Release” Sturgeon,” and tagging a fish:

* Marty Gringas, Department of Fish & Game

* A Game Warden from Ca Department of Fish & Game

Lots of great prizes at the seminar, more great prizes that will be awarded through a raffle, and still more prizes at the end-of-Derby drawing. Two of the great prizes include:

Custom Sturgeon Rod from Vic’s Custom Rods

Full day charter for 4 on Right Hook Sporfishing with Captain Jay Lopes."

Here are links to the Flyer and Entry & Rules info in a PDF format:
http://www.coastsideclub.com/Sturgeon_Derby_Flyer_2008.pdf
http://www.coastsideclub.com/Sturgeon_Derby_Rules_Entry.pdf

For those who can’t open PDF files, here are links to the Word versions:
http://www.coastsideclub.com/Sturgeon_Derby_Flyer_2008.doc
http://www.coastsideclub.com/Sturgeon_Derby_Rules_Entry.doc
http://www.coastsidefishingclub.com/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/582408/an/0/page/0#582408

There will be 4 "on the water" weigh in boats, with 2 back up boats. *So CALL IMMEDIATELY when a fish is HOOKED, so a weigh-in vessel can arrive at your boat prior to the fish actually being landed, so a tag won't have to be burned...

Hope to see you all out there! *It's going to be a blast!

ZACK
01-18-2008, 09:31 AM
S'WEEEEEEEEEEEET!
I worked it out and I will be fishing the derby tomorrow! ZACK!

wood2turn
01-18-2008, 09:48 AM
LS Rich...you could fish for me since I live way up here in WA and can't be there! *>:( ...Except in spirit!!! ;D

Terry B.

Darnit!...SOMEBODY ADOPT ME so I can move there and fish! My wife will even pay you to take me!!! Not saying she'd pay much but it would pay for a few fishin'' trips! ;D ;D ;D

chiselchest
01-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Wood2Turn,

Come on down brother! I'll put you up, and get you a spot on a boat, if you're serious?

If you can't do it this year, consider next year? We have 2 big money Derbies during this time each year...both are lots of fun.

Yeehah!!!!

Lucky_Strike__Rich
01-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Hay there!
;)
Zack, I knew you ;) ;) would figure out something. You better bring a "PEPSI" because I will still catch a bigger fish then you and I am not suposed to fish, just check fish. If the stakes are to high, I will lend you a "PEPSI" HA! ;D
Mitch, I am looking forward to fishing with you too. It will be fun for sure.
I guess I have Jordanna in the boat tomorrow. If you hear sceams in the water, it will be from her fighting a fish, not from anything else, naughty minds. !!!!HA!HA! :o :o
I will be getting to Martinez late tonight." Attorneys" Don't they know they are messing with fishing.
Rich

ZACK
01-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Hay there!
;)
* *Zack, I knew you ;) ;) would figure out *something. You better bring a "PEPSI" because I will still catch a bigger fish then you and I am not suposed to fish, just check fish. If the stakes are to high, I will lend you a "PEPSI" *HA! ;D
* *Mitch, I am looking forward to fishing with you too. It will be fun for sure.
* *I guess I have Jordanna in the boat tomorrow. If you hear sceams in the water, it will be from her fighting a fish, not from anything else, naughty minds. !!!!HA!HA! :o :o
* I will be getting to Martinez late tonight." Attorneys" Don't they know they are messing with fishing.
* * Rich

Talk is cheap RT,
and just so you know I take my Pepsi "frosted" and in bottle form. Thats 16 ounces and not the bitty little *8 oz ones you brought back from Costa Rica and try to pass off as the "Real Thing"! ;D

See you on the water and I can already taste that ice cold pepsi now.....ahhhhh.... ::) ZACK! ;D

wood2turn
01-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Mart...Mitch...

Thanks for the invite! I'll plan on NEXT yr. for sure. It will b my pleasure to fish in your $$ derby. Last time I made money fishing was in a salmon derby here like 15 yrs. ago. Wow! Getting paid to fish? My dreams are coming true!!!

TERRY b.

NorCal_Bangers
01-18-2008, 07:03 PM
just like under the name says......WATCH OUT NOR CAL IS LOOSE!!!!!!!

Luke
01-18-2008, 08:21 PM
We got some serious smack talking going on here. LOL. See ya tomorrow Zack. Hit me up if you get near..
Luke

Hinkley
01-21-2008, 11:07 AM
I havent heard anything about this derby from all the "smack talkers"So what happened with you guys i wanna hear your reports.

g-string
01-21-2008, 02:49 PM
We fished the derby and had a great time.We got a 54 inch fish and took first place at the end. Weather was great. The team that put it on did a fantastic job. The 1900 bucks we split was not bad either. *G

swikmo
01-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Thats a kewl way to pop your sniffer cherry!

Welcome to the boards.Im looking forward to your future posts and pics!

Swik

g-string
01-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Thanks SW it was pretty cool to see my good fishing buddie Tom catch his first keeper fish and it win the derby. Just to think that a man of 50 can still pop anything besides his back is wonderful. I've been a subscriber for a long time but my son turned my on to this on-line thing and have been reading fishing reports for a few weeks. I hope I can post some good fishing reports. I don't do a ton of sturgie fishin but I also trout,rock,and bay fish,and make at least one 5 day trip out of San Diego for tuna a year. This year it's a 6 day on the shogun. Hope to get to Lake Camanche in the next week or so.

ZACK
01-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks SW it was pretty cool to see my good fishing buddie Tom catch his first keeper fish and it win the derby. Just to think that a man of 50 can still pop anything besides his back is wonderful. I've been a subscriber for a long time but my son turned my on to this on-line thing and have been reading fishing reports for a few weeks. I hope I can post some good fishing reports. I don't do a ton of sturgie fishin but I also trout,rock,and bay fish,and make at least one 5 day trip out of San Diego for tuna a year. This year it's a 6 day on the shogun. Hope to get to Lake Camanche in the next week or so.

Nice Job on the win! My recap here of the derby was meant to be comical and nothing more congrats! ZACK!

ZACK
01-21-2008, 07:47 PM
I havent heard anything about this derby from all the "smack talkers"So what happened with you guys i wanna hear your reports.
Hey Hinkley,
I be one of the smack talkers. Post recap of my derby experience can be found on this forum. Peace, ZACK!

ZACK
01-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Hay there!
;)
* *Zack, I knew you ;) ;) would figure out *something. You better bring a "PEPSI" because I will still catch a bigger fish then you and I am not suposed to fish, just check fish. If the stakes are to high, I will lend you a "PEPSI" *HA! ;D
Rich
Mr. Tipton,
I believe a cold 16 oz pepsi is in order. Will you be hand delivering this award to my residence along with a polaroid comemorating thee event, or will it come shipped ground UPS? Don't make me hunt you down I saw your sorry arse slip out of the marina on me and I WILL NOT let this lie! ZACK! ;D

NorCal_Bangers
01-21-2008, 08:06 PM
CONGRATS ON THE 1st PLACE G.....

but as my one and ONLY post to this thread went....WATCH OUT CUZ NOR CAL WAS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

MR. TIPTON!!!!!!!!!! I DIDNT NEED YOUR ROD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

NCB

Lucky_Strike__Rich
01-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Zack And NCB

You all should be ashamed of picking on a poor Ol guy. HA!

YES Zack, You won a "PEPSI" from me. I caught POOP! Had a lot of fun chasing around meeting people on the water and putting faces to names. Everyone on the water in this tourniment is a great bunch of fishermen and people. NO naughty words on the radio all day. It won't be that way on the Super Bowel Derby.
How many fish did you wind up with for the day ZACK? Buy a radio you cheap scape. I may not radio in for you next time. Pepsi's are expensive.

NCB You could have at least said HI Rich on Sat. For all your knowledge on Sturgeon, I must admit I was expecting an OLD F$rt like me. See you on the water soon Rich

NorCal_Bangers
01-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Rich.....i didnt say anything to anyone other than the WEIGHTMASTER!!!!!!!!!!!! and that was GET OVER HERE TO RECORD THIS KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and YOU ALL KNOW I DONT BRAG ( in that i dont post up anymore about my fish, but i will make an exception and give a short...4th place aint bad for this "kid" so YEA what did you expect "OF COURSE I CAUGHT A FISH"

and i guess i will let the pepsi thing rest with you and Zack...even though that was started by YOU AND I.....

so you be a man of your word and pay up to Zack...cuz you KNOW I AM A MAN OF MY WORD when i payed up to you last year!!!!!

Nor Cal

ZACK
01-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Rich.....i didnt say anything to anyone other than the WEIGHTMASTER!!!!!!!!!!!! and that was GET OVER HERE TO RECORD THIS KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *and YOU ALL KNOW I DONT BRAG ( in that i dont post up anymore about my fish, but i will make an exception and give a short...4th place aint bad for this "kid" so YEA what did you expect "OF COURSE I CAUGHT A FISH"

and i guess i will let the pepsi thing rest with you and Zack...even though that was started by YOU AND I.....

so you be a man of your word and pay up to Zack...cuz you KNOW I AM A MAN OF MY WORD when i payed up to you last year!!!!!

Nor Cal

;D

That's funny NorCal, you not brag? ;D
Your "almost" as big of self promoter as I! ;D
I am glad you caught a fish too and I would expect nothing less. My 56 of course could have devoured your wee 50! ;D (Just Kiddin)
Seriously though out of the 11 caught Nor Cal do you know what sizes of fish came in? ZACK!

Lucky_Strike__Rich
01-22-2008, 11:08 PM
NCB That was the best tasting Pepsi ever.

Zack will just have to wait till I see him. I always have Pepsis on board

You both are very good Sturgeon fishermen and you know how to have fun doing it. Thats what its all about.

Rich

ZACK
01-23-2008, 08:48 AM
NCB *That was the best tasting Pepsi ever.

* Zack will just have to wait till I see him. *I always have Pepsis on board

*You both are very good Sturgeon fishermen and you know how to have fun doing it. Thats what its all about.

* *Rich

Thank you Mr. Tipton,
I can't wait for thee honor. I have already mounted the shelf for the award to be displayed, batteries charged, and camera ready to capture this prestigious event.
I just can’t believe that soon, “I” will be listed amongst the few greats who have received a “Tipton”.
I have finally arrived! ZACK! 8-)

NorCal_Bangers
01-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Rich.....i didnt say anything to anyone other than the WEIGHTMASTER!!!!!!!!!!!! and that was GET OVER HERE TO RECORD THIS KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *and YOU ALL KNOW I DONT BRAG ( in that i dont post up anymore about my fish, but i will make an exception and give a short...4th place aint bad for this "kid" so YEA what did you expect "OF COURSE I CAUGHT A FISH"

Nor Cal

;D

That's funny NorCal, you not brag? ;D
Your "almost" as big of self promoter as I! ;D
I am glad you caught a fish too and I would expect nothing less. My 56 of course could have devoured your wee 50! ;D (Just Kiddin)
Seriously though out of the 11 caught Nor Cal do you know what sizes of fish came in? ZACK!

Zack...you must be joking.....i do consider myself a long winded story teller..(not on these boards anymore, but in person well thats another story)..but others DO TAKE THE CAKE when it comes to posting there catch reports....besides what do these boards show...nada...it all comes down to actually catching...(and releasing in our book)

and yea your 56 was bigger....but it wasnt the biggest....not by 9.5 inches..besides it doesnt matter i only needed one...thats what i went for any others were just bonus.

sizes were 47,48,50,50,56,61(i think),65.5 those were the winning fish and all that was posted about size i dont know about the other 4 fish

Nor_Cal

ZACK
01-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the catch numbers.
Posting to me isn't productive if you aren't sharing. You make reference to "not posting anymore, or not making detailed post" will then why post at all? True there are things about this board that I do not like but that goes for all of them. I am a big freedom of speach and self expression kind of guy but I have yet to see this on any board. If it is not a board that is based on business than it is just a matter of time before they start enjoying the control of moderating and have WAY to much to say. On the other hand some boards turn into flame wars that flood the site when members are too stupid or imature to stay on topic and ignor personal attacks.

Me personally I like to read about others adventures. It is even better if you can take something away from one. I may not be succesful but I attempt to entertain and try to pass on what i have learned, or obsticles I either conquered, or failed at and what I either should have done, or will try next time. A lot of people do not like this board because they say it is full of rookies, or beginers. I like it because it has many who are trying to learn and I am happy if I can help others avoid the MANY foolish mistakes I have made if nothing more.

To simply make a post and just say I caught this period is a waste to me. A post should in my opinion be more than a fish pic?

ZACK!