PDA

View Full Version : Fishing for sturgeon Need help newbie

striperoholic
01-24-2008, 01:17 AM
[b]Hey everyone I keep hearing good things on the sturgeon bite on the delta. I was trying to go out this weekend from the bank with my girlfiriend to see if I can haul a fatty sturgeon in. Montezuma??? or Rio vista Im willing to travel. Don't know too many sopts in the delta I do most of my fishing In San Pablo bay From shore. Its my birthday on monday im tryin to catch one for my birthday so any advise would be a big help. Thanks

fishin_adiction
01-24-2008, 07:53 AM
i would try either monty or suisun, i dont think the bite is as strong in rio area, went ouut there for nada a week or two ago, but i may be wrong, seems the y are a little further down river i guess, just my 2cents f

FA

BIG_ONE
01-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Rio vista spot is always hot...look where there is a lot of asain guys bank fishing, then the spot is hot there, and if you want a keeper...go to hood or clarksburg, every fish, either keeper or oversized, sinced only the adults enter the river for spawning ;) well most of em...hehe :D

707fisherman
01-24-2008, 12:40 PM
TRY BAYFARM OR dumbarton Pier they are killing um around the south bay or try and get on a boat and get out to the Oakland Airport!! The Bite has been Hott out there due to the spawn

striperoholic
01-24-2008, 01:14 PM
yeah thanks i might go try some different spots this weekend even if its rains

EastBayAngler
01-24-2008, 07:28 PM
TRY BAYFARM OR dumbarton Pier they are killing um around the south bay or try and get on a boat and get out to the Oakland Airport!! The Bite has been Hott out there due to the spawn

I second that motion!