PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento River at Freeport?

LordRooster
01-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Went out to Freeport Bait and tackle today to see what I could learn about Sturgeon fishing. He told me any where there along the river was a good spot to go. I drove around a little looking for a good spot to hit up one of these days. I saw people all over the sac county side but nobody on the yolo county side.

Is it illegal to fish on the yolo county side? [smiley=angling.gif]

BIG_ONE
01-17-2008, 09:17 PM
You mean the other side of the levee from the freeport bait shop??? and if you meant that then yes its all illegal to fish there all the way down to 45 near clarksburg until you see like a boat launch on the other side and sort of like a park, then you can fish there but past that its still illegal...and toward right its illegal to fish all the way down to a road called something slough....forgot the name but then once you reach that street then you can fish that side all the way down. ;)

lawski14
01-17-2008, 09:24 PM
ok, i'll tell you... on the sac side, just about 100 yds south of Merrits, there's a little pier/water pump or somethin... anyway, i hooked an oversize there at night and saw others catch em there so i have confidence in that spot. if that spot is full, just head south a little on the same side and right before the road turns left, park on the right and fish off there. i had some takedowns there.

[smiley=guns.gif]

Uglystick916
01-22-2008, 01:43 AM
From Clarksburg to Hood find a good spot you will catch a good size Dino at night from 6pm to up....Good luck

ibanezax
01-22-2008, 08:34 AM
You mean the other side of the levee from the freeport bait shop??? and if you meant that then yes its all illegal to fish there all the way down to 45 near clarksburg until you see like a boat launch on the other side and sort of like a park, then you can fish there but past that its still illegal...and toward right its illegal to fish all the way down to a road called something slough....forgot the name but then once you reach that street then you can fish that side all the way down. *;)

:)
It's not illegal to fish , it's illegal to park!! To many people not cleaning up there messes have made it so us good fisherman have to be criminals to park on the side of the road safely out of the way and drop a line in. >:(

fishn4me
01-22-2008, 09:24 AM
The signs on the Yolo side say any tresspassing so its even against the law to walk on the levee. It has like four or five things explaining in detail. Sucks on the Yolo side except for Merrits.

ibanezax
01-23-2008, 09:27 AM
The signs on the Yolo side say any tresspassing so its even against the law to walk on the levee. *It has like four or five things explaining in detail. *Sucks on the Yolo side except for Merrits.

:)
Thanks for clearing that up, yeah it sucks to have all that water and you can't fish it. "Grass is always greener on the other side" Kinda!!