PDA

View Full Version : First time out tomorrow!

Bass_Sergeant
01-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Well a bunch of my fishing buddies and I are heading out tomorrow for hopefully some hot sturgeon action. It will be my first time targeting Mr. Dinosaur, so hopefully he'll show up. I will post a report when I get back. 8-)

/me

BIG_ONE
01-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Good luck to you and your first trip on a dino hunt, where are you guys fishing at anyways??? :D

Bass_Sergeant
01-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Well the only time we got to see a sturgeon was when they jumped, unfortunatly they were not attached to our lines. :( We did get hits on every rod but it was from all the catfish in the area. We were targeting cats and stripers also, but the cats managed to steal all of our ghost shrimp and 'chovies. :( A problem that a couple of my other friends had on the boat yesterday too. Oh well, there is always next time! It was just great being out on the water with rod in hand. 8-)

/me

FishWisher
01-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Try lamprey. Nothing likes it much except sturgeon! It saves a lot of wasted time and wasted bait.

Dale

Bass_Sergeant
01-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Try lamprey. Nothing likes it much except sturgeon! It saves a lot of wasted time and wasted bait.

Dale

Thanks allot FishWisher! I really appreciate the tip! I'll try it next time out. 8-)

/me

Luke
01-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Good Luck. Tomorrow should be a wide open bite..
Luke

Bass_Sergeant
01-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Good Luck. Tomorrow should be a wide open bite..
Luke

Thanks! I was thinking also about trying the Suisun area since it is my back yard. 8-)

/me