PDA

View Full Version : Tagging

FisherBoats
01-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Anyone else hear how harsh they are punishing people for not tagging their sturgeon? Went to a reel repair shop in El Cerrito and he said if you are caught not tagging your fish they can take your boat (along with all your fishing equipment) your boat , and fine you for $5000. Anyone else heard about this? Or was this guy bluffing?

BIG_ONE
01-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Lmao no joke...they take everything you have...your boat...your fishing equipement...everything...possibly tow your car too...they take it as evidence. thats how strict it is...and its real harsh...i think so too >:( so just remember to tag the fish :o

jerdh71
01-16-2008, 06:59 AM
I wonder if I could get rid of my exwife this way.

FisherBoats
01-16-2008, 03:11 PM
I doubt that they would do all that if you just failed to tag your one fish. No wardens are more fanatic about apprehending game violators than the abalone guys and you get a simple ticket for a simple violation. The fine you'd get would be enough incentive to tag your fish promptly. :o
Now if they caught you with 10 sturgeon, that's a whole different thing.

If you can figure out how to get them to take ex-wives, I've got a squadron of them. ;D

That sounds more reasonable thanks :)

sjshark
01-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Holy shxxt! $5,000! I hope not cause I just got a ticket for not tagging my sturgeon, I was gonna go to court on monday, I don't think its that harsh because the warden let me keep my fish and my pole, it was on my buddy's boat and he didn't get anything, just me. I'll let you guys know how much the fine is though, hopefully just a couple hundred dollars but even that is pretty harsh. guess I should've read the report card instructions on the back, learning the hard way.

Luke
01-16-2008, 06:58 PM
People need to know the rules for the activity they are engaged in. Whether it be fishing or driving a car.

SPORTcoupe
01-17-2008, 05:16 PM
People need to know the rules for the activity they are engaged in. Whether it be fishing or driving a car.
Weird...I know all the rules, but I still keep getting pulled over. :-?

~Alan

FisherBoats
01-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Weird...I know all the rules, but I still keep getting pulled over. :-?

~Alan

Maybe knowing and following them will help. ;D ;D

JMR209
01-17-2008, 05:27 PM
Weird...I know all the rules, but I still keep getting pulled over. *:-?

~Alan
them pulling you over can be a little diffcult i dont pull over for them because they are not the police if they have a checkpoint thats fine but just to get under there skin i always ask for their ID they hate it A LOT so the next time they come to you ask for their ID if they refuse tell them to step away cause your/i are caalling the police I jst like it to make it a hard day for them

sjshark
01-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Another thing too is that these dfg wardens need to identify themselves when its dark! When I got approached at the redwood city marina it was pretty dark by the launch, All I seen was a guy approaching with what looked like a club and says "how you doin"?(it was his flashlight) It was till he was like 5ft away I realized it was a game warden, luckily I noticed him when I did cause he was about to get a nasty straight right left hook combo to his chin, that wasn't cool at all couldve been nasty.

FisherBoats
01-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Another thing too is that these dfg wardens need to identify themselves when its dark! When I got approached at the redwood city marina it was pretty dark by the launch, All I seen was a guy approaching with what looked like a club and says "how you doin"?(it was his flashlight) It was till he was like 5ft away I realized it was a game warden, luckily I noticed him when I did cause he was about to get a nasty straight right left hook combo to his chin, that wasn't cool at all couldve been nasty.

Haha, that wouldn't be a pretty sight.

metalmouth
01-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Let's try to keep this thread on topic please.

MM

FisherBoats
01-17-2008, 07:32 PM

MM

Yes Sir!

JMR209
01-17-2008, 08:11 PM

MM
Sorry but i did n't tag one fish until i got to the car or was able mark any fish that caught and let go but and all because when i cought the two fish it was cast of the day and while i was fighting the fish my buddy pole went off and the fights where he had one tag left and thats when i discover i didn't grab the tags and report card of my dash in my truck and wouldn't you know the game warden was there but i simply told him i have them ust in my car he kind of had a problem cause i told him its the only two struigies we got and then i showed him left over bait and he said "oh ok jut remember it next time.." blah blah so you can see the the comment that made early and yes i made show me some ID

chiselchest
01-17-2008, 08:48 PM
EXACTLY!

How does the Wardon know you are not doing this 5-times a week selling the meat? I bet you won't forget again...I would have released the fish had I discovered I forgot my tags. You play, you pay.

Not to be harsh, but you made that decission...

GoT HeeeeM
01-18-2008, 12:24 PM
someone please inform me about these tags..

i went and got my sturgeon punch card, filled out all the info for them and got a orange card with three little tabs on the bottom....i guess my question is, and it might be a dumb one but, "how do you actually tag a sturgeon"??? what are you tagging them with??? im confused?? :-/ :-/

chiselchest
01-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Most folks use something like a piece of fishing line or whatever, to attach the tag to the fish.

But you should read and be familiar with what the regs say excactly, so you can cover your ass while fishing...right? Unless you don't mind contributing heavily to the States treasury?

Do you think a game wardon will cut you a break if you "do it wrong"? It's worth your while to make sure you know what they say exactly to protect yourself...fines are EXPENSIVE!!!!

Good luck and tight lines!

BIG_ONE
01-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Orange card?!?! are you sure you got the right card??? I believe sturgeon card for 08 are green...or does it have all kinds of color?!...you can tag it to them by attaching it with a piece of string onto em...or you can just use their spiny side and poke through the tag and it'll hold it onto them ;) good luck.

GoT HeeeeM
01-18-2008, 03:08 PM
i dont know why i said orange....i feel dumb....i even knew they were green but for some reason said orange...anyway, i saw a pic of a guy who had a zip tie locked around the fish's tail with the tag on it....think thats the way i'll go...thanks for the replys...

BIG_ONE
01-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Haha alrighty good luck ;)