PDA

View Full Version : hookin shrimp

SetTheHookMinistry
01-15-2008, 05:30 PM
ok so what is the best or most productive way to secure the shrimp to my hook

530fisher

BIG_ONE
01-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Hook it like a worm from tail to head and make sure the barb of the hook sticks out so it stays...no thread needed ;)

metalmouth
01-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Hook it like a worm from tail to head and make sure the barb of the hook sticks out so it stays...no thread needed *;)
I'm not sure that is the best way. You won't need any thread but the Sturgy won't sense live food either. . . * *:-? ::) 8-)

I'll stick with stretchy thread and live bait. ;)

BIG_ONE
01-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Heck...what can i say...it works for me ;) and the shrimp just gonna shape like the hook...hehe ;D ooo and it sure does stay secure on the hook well tho :)

fishing4food
01-15-2008, 07:11 PM
ive seen them hooked through their sides and mush at least one or two of the shrimps head. that way youll have the shrimp juice coming out of the smushed ones and the kicking action of the ones that arent. then again ive never caught a sturgeon so i dont know. but thats how ive seen it done.

lawski14
01-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Fishing guide Chuck Powell likes to thread them from head first and out the tail. His reasoning was that the head was the hardest part of the body, and so it should go first.

i usually do in-thru-tail and out thru the head. Tried both ways, both work but i think i will stick with my original method: tail first.

If i do tail first and take the tail above the hook hole, then thread it, it seams to stay nicely on the hook without sliding down.

[smiley=bricks.gif]

metalmouth
01-15-2008, 07:36 PM
I've caught them both ways. The way we do it now is to thread the first one and tie several more to that one. The best of both worlds. ;)

SetTheHookMinistry
01-15-2008, 07:56 PM
hey thanks guys .didnt figure it would be too hard just rather not waste all the bait before i got it right.goin out sat .first sturg trip and first 2nd rod stamp.wish me luck