PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Tips....

Capt'n Kev
12-28-2007, 07:19 PM
DRESS WARM!! It is cold out there......and have some hot to drink...well...alot of HOT coffee.

Tips for the weekend:

#1 - Still is a very soft bite. Set the hook quickly. Set the hook even if you think it is a striper bite.
#2 - Dont expect a sturgeon pump, more like a sturgeon sip. Dont wait on a PUMP...just not happening!!
#3 - MOVE, MOVE, MOVE....if your spot isnt getting any action...move to a new spot.
#4 - Get as much scent in the water as possible.
#5 - Best depth has been 45-55ft.
#6 - Sturgeon being marked from the fleet to below the pumphouse at PG&E.
#7 - Bait can range from eel, shrimp, or roe. All have produced hook ups.
#8 - Did I mention SCENT?
#9 - Have I said anything about scent? shrimp has been a good one...or any combination.
#10 - DRESS WARM...it is COLD!!

Today for us was tough, just two hook ups, no keepers, no oversized. Had to work for all hook ups, all week long.

Good Luck Out There!!

STURIPER
12-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey kev, Thanks for the good tips.. I might be going out Sunday morning..

Joey

Afishinado
12-28-2007, 07:34 PM
thanks *Kev. I will try and make it out this weekend. looks like we might get some rain on sat-rain is OK its that darn wind I dont Like. good luck out ther. Gabe

Newty
12-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the tips Kev. I'm heading out tomorrow with some roe,ghost,eel, and piles with plenty of scents *;). Good luck out there.

tyeroflies
12-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Kev, I gotta say it. *You're a class act letting us know what's going on out there on the water in such detail. *I always look forward to your posts and results for the day. *Keep up the good work. *We all appreciate it!

Mike

wmgraphics
12-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Well said!

vito
12-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Hey Kevin. I'm going to your site to check on charter dates right now.

Does the two rod stamp apply to charters as well. If so will I have two rods out for sturgies, or will I have one out for sturgeon and one for striper?

I can imagine that if each customer on your boat had two rods out - that could get congested. Thoughts?

Capt'n Kev
12-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Hey Kevin. I'm going to your site to check on charter dates right now.

Does the two rod stamp apply to charters as well. If so will I have two rods out for sturgies, or will I have one out for sturgeon and one for striper?

I can imagine that if each customer on your boat had two rods out - that could get congested. Thoughts?

My thoughts about this has been that if we have six anglers, we will have out 6 rods only. *The system we use on the boat, is a little different than most, and has worked very well...so the 2 rod permit inst all that exciting for me. As the legal sturgeon are landed and if they keep it, *anglers will be given the option of stripers, if the water depth allows for it.

however, if there is not a full load, I am considering giving anglers the option of using a second rod.

It will probably be on a case by case basis.

THANK YOU for the kind comments! I hope we can be of help to all sniffers whether thet are out with me or on thier own boat.

C-dub
12-29-2007, 08:28 PM
Kevin you are the man! Thanks for the tips.