PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon

moace132
11-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Could someone tell me if you have to have a tag or permit to fish for Sturgeon? i"m thinking of going out and fishing for Sturgeon and got to be right ;) can someone help me?

junski1986
11-08-2007, 10:27 PM
um for sturgon you need stamp or what the call a report card to keep legal size sturgon. If you are fishing and put the fish back I think its fine just dont get cought with a fish in the boat and no punch card aka report card and if your going on the sac/rio be ready for the law they check your catch all the time do you have boat

moace132
11-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Yes i do have a boat so i will be looking for that card. do i get the card from the bait shop?

jiggity49
11-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Actually you need a report card to fish for sturgeon, even if you only catch and release. You need to record all catches on the card even if you release. The card comes with 3 tags for you to use if you do decide to keep one. If you land one and it is on your stringer you better be sure to tag it right away. As for fishing for sturgeon without the card if you pln on releasing them, it is illegal but I don't know how they could prove you were fishing for stugeon and not something else like stripers? Next time try posting this Q? on the sturgeon board ;)

Anti_Hero_Fisher
11-08-2007, 10:38 PM
do u mail back the card? also the same with steelies?

Gonna buy my steelie card next week and just wanna make sure

only five bones right?

IrishAngler
11-09-2007, 08:22 AM
u need a report card for sturgeon and one for steelhead no matter what if u are fishing for them whether u catch and release or dont catch anything at all. dont get caught without one or its a huge fine about $300.

overthehill
11-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Lots of questions about this 2007 California Sturgeon Fishing Report Card so I have mine right in front of me. 1. card is invalid after Dec. 31, 2007. So if your fishing on Jan. 1 2008 you better have a report card or whatever DFG is going to hand out and make us pay for. you can only keep white sturgeon and DFG has a real simple picture of what a white and a green sturgeon look like. What is missing is the legal size of the fish so get on the Internet and look it up. DFG should have the min. and max. on their instructions. You only get 3 tags and according to the instructions the fish has to have this tag affixed to it or you can get busted. Also, only 3 per year which I think is not very fair to the angler or the party boat operators. Have your sport fishing license in hand when you get your report card. I hope this helps. 8-)

Slough_Hoe
11-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Lots of questions about this 2007 California Sturgeon Fishing Report Card so I have mine right in front of me. 1. card is invalid after Dec. 31, 2007. So if your fishing on Jan. 1 2008 you better have a report card or whatever DFG is going to hand out and make us pay for. you can only keep white sturgeon and DFG has a real simple picture of what a white and a green sturgeon look like. What is missing is the legal size of the fish so get on the Internet and look it up. DFG should have the min. and max. on their instructions. You only get 3 tags and according to the instructions the fish has to have this tag affixed to it or you can get busted. Also, only 3 per year which I think is not very fair to the angler or the party boat operators. Have your sport fishing license in hand when you get your report card. I hope this helps. *8-)
* Three Sturgeon a year I believe is fair to any angler who truly loves to fish for Sturgeon. It's not all about what you get to bring home and serve up on the dining table. As for the party boats, I do believe that every angler that is fishing aboard them must have their own punch card and tags to affix to any Sturgeon they decide to keep. L8R * *Sean

Luke
11-09-2007, 08:23 PM
do u mail back the card? also the same with steelies?

Gonna buy my steelie card next week and just wanna make sure

only five bones right?
If you have a sturgeon card and read all of the words on it, which you should it states that it must be sent back.
Luke