PDA

View Full Version : Napa River 11/5 (9lbs pic)

Hopsmacker
11-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Took my two dogs out for an evening fish.
Picked up some live bullheads at Norms next to Brinkman’s Marine in Vallejo & launched at the public boat ramp right there at 5:30pm.
Went up just past the power lines & anchored in 2.5 feet of water on the East side of the river. *Just before dark, middle of the outgoing tide, I had three runs & was able to land one 19 incher. *Then quiet until 9:30pm, when the reel started singing that favorite tune: ZZZZ…..ZZZZ…..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ…….Oh Yeah baby, fish on. *After a few blistering runs into the darkness, & a couple half trips around the boat, I was able to land the 9 lbs striper successfully.

Wind was non-existent & the water was like glass.
For their first time on the boat, my two dogs really enjoyed themselves & were very excited about all the new strange noises in the dark.

Note to anyone launching where I did, during a minus tide. * Don’t do it.
I returned to the ramp at about 10:30pm to find 1.5 feet of water at the jaws & shallower farther in towards the ramp. *OOOOPS.
I went across the channel & fished at anchor until midnight, until the water came up another foot. *I didn’t get any bites.

Regards,

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/582/medium/DSCN0010.JPG

baldeagle
11-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey thats a Good Night of fishing .

panfish_popper
11-06-2005, 05:58 PM
That is a nice looking Striper!

dempsey
11-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Nice fish! Sounds like a good time on a fall night when the run is on! You might want to check the REG.'S but I think that if you were across from the ramp that, that is part of the bay and closed to fisng at night. I think you need to be past the Hwy 37 bridge to be in the river where it is legal to fish at night. I could be wrong, but that's how I've alway's understood it to be. Anyway nice one go get-r-done again!

Hopsmacker
11-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Dempsey, thanks for the tip about not fishing downstream of the 37 bridge at night. Now that you mention it, I think I heard something about that last year. No wonder I was all alone.

Regards,