PDA

View Full Version : New Camera

atavuss
12-18-2009, 02:15 AM
bought a Canon EOS Rebel T1i for my son for Christmas, had a heck of a time picking the Canon over the Nikon D5000, the price between the two was within 50.00. anyone using the T1i? the Canon comes with a 18 to 55 lense along with a 55 to 250 mm lense.

Captain Compassion
12-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Sounds complicated.* :-/ ::) 8-) Can't wait unil your first pics. :)

CC

Team Mc Fishing
01-18-2010, 08:58 PM
I use a canon EOS xti digital SLR and I love mine. Some people swear over one brand vs the other. I just went with what I liked when it came to the fact that several friends who shoot alot of pics have all canon equipment and that means I can borrow lenses when I only need a special lens for one day. But the pics are pretty nice compared to the smaller point and shoot cameras.

steevo44
01-19-2010, 04:31 PM
I have the cannon rebel XT and love it. You made a great decision. mine came with a 75-300. Wonderful way to get good pictures!!!

Busheler
01-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Canon is very tough to beat in the digital realm. Their ubiquitous 18-55mm kit lenses are rather frail and prone to failure. The T1i's increased ISO range and noise handling helps soothe those wanton F/stops,but the body is a whole bunch better than the package glass. Toss the Tammie 28-75 macro F/2.8 on there and you'll be afforded more flexibility,despite the 10mm focal length exchange on the low end. I've no qualm with 28mm on a 1.6x cropper body and have shot that lens upon many(Xti,XSi,T1i,40D,50D,yada,yada). Friend just got a 7D and I'll shoot it on there next,as a curiousity.

Stay away from the Canon EF-S lenses,made expressly for crop bodies and instead pursue the FF options within their lineup,if going whole hog. Their 17-40L isn't a bad choice as a utility lens,whether it crop or FF and I find myself shooting it quite a bit,even though it's F/4.

The video option adds opportunity.

Jetspray
01-26-2010, 08:12 AM
I sort of remember back in the 1970's the SLR was important. Guy's at the post I was at in Germany tried to convince me to pay more for a camera (35mm) and I told them that they were disposable. They went nuts and told me that I was nuts. Anyone want my old SLR? I guess not. I love photography but don't get too involved in the cost, stay as simple as you can afford (things will change)......Jetspray