PDA

View Full Version : Finding a spot for bank fisherman

Sterjinguy
10-28-2006, 11:25 AM
How would a relative newcomer to the Sturgeon world go about picking a spot to fish? I've been fishing the Sac' my whole life, but only recently began fishing for Dinosaurs! Would a Topo Map be best or does someone have other suggestions? Any input would be helpful!
Sterjinguy

CDK_Nukka
10-28-2006, 03:22 PM
If your fishing at a spot and you reel in your line and find a clam attached to your hook, then your in the right spot! Remember that place and post up to wait for the ancients to eat your bait, it should be a perfect spot cuz it's most likely sandy if theres clams. good luck and be prepared for your heart rate to sky rocket :o once you hook your first one off the bank. 8-)

Sterjinguy
10-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks Dirty_Loc,
I'll stick to sandy beaches. Any depth requirement? I'm going on a reconoissance mission Sunday the 29th...Any suggestions on where to start say from Sacramento south?
Sterjinguy

CDK_Nukka
10-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Well the deeper the better in the day 20ft and beyond, but at night shallow is good. Just gotta read the tides, if it's low go deep, high then go shallow. As far as where to start, it might be a little early for sacramento, gotta wait for it to start raining at least. Probably next month, your best bet for now is to concentrate down towards Rio Vista and beyond southward. good luck and hope you have alooooooooooot of patience cuz your gonna need it. Pay CLOSE attention to the tip of your pole cuz the fish are known to bite pretty light and if you miss it then it could of been your only opportunity or you might have to wait hours for another one. And oh please be sure to clean up any trash you have if your bank fishing anywhere, not many places left you can go on the levees :-/

kn6xu
10-28-2006, 07:17 PM
not many places left you can go on the levees :-/Sad............. :(
But all too true............. >:(

FishFry

Scootn2nature
10-28-2006, 10:18 PM
And oh please be sure to clean up any trash you have if your bank fishing anywhere, not many places left you can go on the levees

I second that.......

good news though look for "best day ever on the gorgiana"

*Deltadog*
10-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Cruise 160 down the river and pick a spot.
Dog