PDA

View Full Version : 14 sturgeon, 7 limits......and a 7th place finish

Capt'n Kev
10-15-2006, 06:04 PM
WOW!! What a weekend of fishing and this mornings sturgeon fishing was simply "AMAZING". Second WOW....I need a shower...VERY BADLY... :-) Have basically been on the water since Friday morning!!

Rich and I, of Lucky Strike Fishing, got our clients lines in the water below the PG&E plant this morning just after 8:30am....and by 12:30am....I was searching for oxygen and in dyer need of some water....being there were 6 limits of sturgeon laying across the deck. For the morning.... 10 sturgeon to the boat...with 6 keepers for 6 clients....meaning 6 limits!!

It was like an "assembly line"....Rich was finding the fish, setting the anchor, Julie was baiting the hooks, and I was assigned the task of getting the lines out, setting the hooks, snaring the fish....and then whole process started all over!!

OMG...then we had the GANG from PG&E. Actually, there were a great group of guys to fish!! They were a little upset when I told them the fee to charter the boat was HIGHER since this was PEAK sturgeon time.... :-) They didnt like the sound of that and I responded...."SEE HOW IT FEELS"!!

Later that afternoon, Rich picked up Steve and Julie Thermon. The result was 4 more sturgeon to the boat and a 52 inch keeper...bringing the total number of limits for the day to 7.

An amazing day of sturgeon fishing!

I ended up in 7th place at the Rio Vista Bass Derby.

bayareafishermen
10-15-2006, 08:02 PM
great going keep the fish coming..

mike22ca
10-16-2006, 12:48 AM
WOW!! What a weekend of fishing and this mornings sturgeon fishing was simply "AMAZING". Second WOW....I need a shower...VERY BADLY... :-) Have basically been on the water since Friday morning!!

Rich and I, of Lucky Strike Fishing, got our clients lines in the water below the PG&E plant this morning just after 8:30am....and by 12:30am....I was searching for oxygen and in dyer need of some water....being there were 6 limits of sturgeon laying across the deck. For the morning.... 10 sturgeon to the boat...with 6 keepers for 6 clients....meaning 6 limits!!

It was like an "assembly line"....Rich was finding the fish, setting the anchor, Julie was baiting the hooks, and I was assigned the task of getting the lines out, setting the hooks, snaring the fish....and then whole process started all over!!

OMG...then we had the GANG from PG&E. Actually, there were a great group of guys to fish!! They were a little upset when I told them the fee to charter the boat was HIGHER since this was PEAK sturgeon time.... :-) They didnt like the sound of that and I responded...."SEE HOW IT FEELS"!!

Later that afternoon, Rich picked up Steve and Julie Thermon. The result was 4 more sturgeon to the boat and a 52 inch keeper...bringing the total number of limits for the day to 7.

An amazing day of sturgeon fishing!

I ended up in 7th place at the Rio Vista Bass Derby.

Awesome...Im totally jealous!

rlammi
10-16-2006, 05:48 AM
Now that sounds like fun ,you slayed those fish congrat's on the 7th place finish .Now I need to get some free time to get the boat on the watrer .Tight lines ,Ron.

nhbfishin
10-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Awsome day Kevin. Stayed in that deep water during those small tides payed off big time. How did you guy end up fairing saterday.

timetofish
10-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Nice haul!! Looks like we picked the wrong day to fish...

DeltaAngler
10-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Da Fish Hooker,

Sounds like an awsome time on the water! Love the PG&E joke too, you were joking right! *Keep up the reports and awesome fishing. But where's the pics, we want pics. *;)

Capt'n Kev
10-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Nope...was exactly what I told them....we have a good time on the boat.

Sorry...I have yet to figure out how to post pics here, but I can pastle a link to a photo site. There are 10 pics there of this weekends fun. Just click on the next button in the upper right hand corner to view the next picture.

OK....when you see the first pic, you are really going to see I really eat this SH@# up because...well....I think the pic speaks for itself. That picture is courtesy of my girlfriend and deck hand....Julie.

Picture Link: http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2826390970090537763IyuKXd

mike22ca
10-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Nice. I like the one where the one guy is hooked up and it looks like everyone is scrambling in the back lol

tattooed_angler
10-19-2006, 03:57 PM
thats crazy all them fish dang I hate being in stocton since I am missing all this info here!!