PDA

View Full Version : Fishing with Rich,,,Lucky Strike Charters 3days

Lucky_Strike__Rich
09-10-2006, 10:19 PM
We fished the last 3 days and the fishing was pretty good. We caught 16 Sturgeon the biggest was 70 inches today. Friday we caught 6 and the biggest was 52. Yesterday was the slowest day and we only caught 3 shakers. Seal stole one. One DFG Bioligest said he will have a seven year study to find out why it stole our Sturgeon. I think Steve or Pat,Pat had a banna in their lunch pale. We had two Pat's on the boat. One fishermen wished he had some chocklet covered strawberrys. How do you catch fish with all those distractions.
Today we caught 7 Sturgeon and a whopper 70 incher. Lots of fish in the area. They were jumping all around us.
Do you all know why they jump??? after fishing with me you learn the real reason they jump.Plus a ;) ;)few more things. Rich

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Where, where, where....

timetofish
09-11-2006, 06:34 AM
I haven't seen so many BIG fish jumping as I did see Saturday in a long time. I counted at least 7-8 6 footers doing belly flops!!!

Lucky_Strike__Rich
09-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Well excuse me Sturgeon Stomper. They were all in the water and we caught them all in the lips Ha!

The locatione we were fishing was in front of the PG&E plant in 64ft of water on Fri, Sat we tried to fish the same area but the Sea Food Festival got in our way.. The race course was on the same edge so we had to find other fishing grounds. Sat. we tried along Sherman Island with no luck so we moved down to the Pump house below The Pg&E pant.
Sunday we were in the big Cut all day and the fish were all around us.. Very few fishermen out . I will ask Know Excusses to post the picture s of our fish. Rich

fishdude76
09-11-2006, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the report Rich, and thanks for the info you have provided. Maybe I'll be able to get my first keeper of this year next time I'm down in the delta. With your posts it sure helps to narrow down where to target them right now. We usually launch out of MacAvoy's or Lauritzen's. Last time out we only got one shaker at 13lbs. We were fishing a lot shallower than your posts, next time we hit deeper water. Thanks again for your posts.

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Well excuse me Sturgeon Stomper. * They were all in the water and we caught them all in the lips Ha!

* * The locatione we were fishing was in front of the PG&E plant in 64ft of water on Fri, Sat we tried to fish the same area but the Sea Food Festival got in our way.. The race course was on the same edge so we had to find other fishing grounds. Sat. we tried along Sherman Island with no luck so we moved down to the Pump house below The Pg&E pant.
Sunday we were in the big Cut all day and the fish were all around us.. *Very few fishermen out . *I will ask Know Excusses to post the picture s of our fish. *Rich

Geez, just a question ::) Thanks though

Know_Excuses
09-11-2006, 02:56 PM
I love these PICS!!!!! Nice job Rich!!
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2823/1000330custommz2.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5466/1000349custommz5.jpg

RIGHTHOOK
09-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Great pics Rich.....hope mine are just as good after me and the family go on the 23rd....CANT WAIT [smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif]

Lucky_Strike__Rich
09-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Jason that is a great tide week end and you better oil your mussels, that big fish almost kicked his butt.
Looking forward to fishing with you and your bunch.
I appoligize in advance, I get excite everytime a fish is hooked. OH! I love to laugh too. Rich :D

jinro
09-11-2006, 09:04 PM
rich the 21st?? hmm?

bayareafishermen
09-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Im jealous Rich we caught shakers and the next day you hit the big ones. Well thats ok.. In october ill ask gary and pat and the other guy I for got I believe steve?.Well if we do our pack and have another laugh with chocolate fudge w/strawberry..Hopefully next month we will catch a big one.

Lucky_Strike__Rich
09-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Jason I have you down for Sat the 23d of Sept.. Isn't that correct?

I want to catch the big ones everytime out but sometimes that does not happen.. I do offer a free trip if you catch a pregnant female and turn her lose. We will get our share of the big ones..

Rich

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-12-2006, 07:28 AM
* *I do offer a free trip if you catch a pregnant female and turn her lose. **
* *Rich

Rich, thats a nice touch there. Im very impressed ;)

Lucky_Strike__Rich
09-12-2006, 08:23 AM
Hay, does Stomper ever go Sturgeon fishing??

Thanks for taking care of this board.. I have talked to some real nice people on this board.
Rich really likes to fish too but I don't get much of a chance. I enjoy seeing others have fun.
I get a kick out of some of the names on the board. Guess I better take some of them fishing so I can find out what their real names are.
Rich

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-12-2006, 08:31 AM
Yes I do Rich. Alot more then people know ;) I was out last weekend for 2 fish. 1 short and 1 at 46. Both released. Monty was the choice for the eve. Marked lots of fish but not many takers. Had one big fish darn near jump in the boat ;)

So, you want to take me fishing you say? When is the next question ;)

Oh and by the way, Names Gary

kromebrite
09-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Great pics!
So much for the Winter months being "sturgeon season"! Obviously these critters are around all year. Don't even have to sit in freezing temps an rain to catch them........ 8-)

fishermen_chris
09-14-2006, 12:57 PM
catch them all the time, winter summer, spring and fall. The trick is finding the one's with their mouths open ;D
It's about time for me to get out there and nail some more dinos. Might be limited to time as we are getting ready to move.

timetofish
09-14-2006, 01:10 PM
I love how people "think" that you only catch sturgeon in the winter. ;)

RIGHTHOOK
09-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Jason *I have you down for Sat the 23d of Sept.. Isn't that correct?

* * I want to catch the big ones everytime out but sometimes that does not happen.. *I do offer a free trip if you catch a pregnant female and turn her lose. *We will get our share of the big ones.. *
* *Rich
Yes Rich...Saturday September 23rd...party of six...0700...Dock D....and im counting down the days/hours/minutes/seconds. [smiley=excited.gif] Oh yes...and I hope to win your prego female sturgie catch/release lottery!

donzitroller
09-14-2006, 07:51 PM
I love how people "think" that you only catch sturgeon in the winter. *;)
That's what we want em all to think! ;D jk..

RH, hope you have a great time out there on the 23rd! Maybe we'll see you out there somewhere! No doubt Rich will get you onto some fish!

RIGHTHOOK
09-14-2006, 08:13 PM
RH, hope you have a great time out there on the 23rd! Maybe we'll see you out there somewhere! No doubt Rich will get you onto some fish!

Thanks a million Donzi....and I wouldnt mind seeing you out there...and having the opportunity to meet you.

Know_Excuses
09-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Thanks a million Donzi....and I wouldnt mind seeing you out there...and having the opportunity to meet you.

If you do, DO NOT!! drink from that little bottle he carries :P

donzitroller
09-15-2006, 05:27 AM

Awww, Mike, why you gotta be giving away my trade secrets?

;)

Know_Excuses
09-15-2006, 01:38 PM
MWhahahaha [smiley=evil.gif]

RIGHTHOOK
09-15-2006, 02:48 PM

Sounds to me like someone had a bad experience with one of Donzis secret concoctions and couldnt keep his sea legs matey. ;D Thanks for the heads up K_E, but youll never have to worry cause RH doesnt touch the stuff. ;)

Know_Excuses
09-15-2006, 03:49 PM
LOL I am not sure if it was Donzi I cant remember.I made it all weekend for the last striper fest,but the sturgie fest before I was so sick saturday I had to have fernely Tim take me back to the docks so I could go home at about 11 am :( Man Was I hating life ;D I will make sure to pak plenty of pepsi and or coke for ya in november ;D

donzitroller
09-15-2006, 04:19 PM
LOL I am not sure if it was Donzi I cant remember.
Well if you can't remember, then IT WASN'T ME..

:D

Know_Excuses
09-15-2006, 09:55 PM

LOL that was my first thought, but then I figured if I couldnt remember it HAD to be you :P :P

donzitroller
09-15-2006, 10:13 PM

LOL that was my first thought, but then I figured if I couldnt remember it HAD to be you :P :P

Now that's just wrong!

RIGHTHOOK
09-16-2006, 07:53 AM
LOL I am not sure if it was Donzi I cant remember.

GOOD ANSWER ;)