PDA

View Full Version : Monty tomarrow night

levelwined
06-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Me and my pops will be hitting the monty friday night [smiley=cheers.gif]. Has anybody been doing any night trips on the monty if so how has it been?
We will be in a 12ft alum. up the slough from beldens.

Also do most of the bait shops have grass shrimp now?

Thanks Levelwined

FishnRN
06-23-2006, 12:21 AM
Hey Brian. I haven't been out in about three weeks, they had grass then and were very proud of it! Call around ahead of time for best results.
Good luck out there and be safe.

-Ben

FISHINFOOL
06-23-2006, 12:45 AM
Hey Levelwind,
I know Live Bait has been having grass shrimp.
I was out there on Monty from about 11a till shortly after dark last Sat. w nothing much more then 3 dink Stripers to about 14"
About 2 weeks prior I was out all night but did most of our catching during the day/Check the posting about new Sturgoun attict & such.
Good Luck there & keep your eyes open for a 18' Bluewater cuddy cabin. I don't know if I'll be out yet,but if you do see us give a holler
Paul
FISHINFOOL
Lonewolf gunsbay.com

DeltaAngler
06-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Hi Levewind,

I was out there last Friday night, marked a few but unfortunately didn't have much luck. Hope it is better for you this weekend. *You may have trouble finding grass shrimp though, all they had last week was ghost and pile worms. Call around ahead of time

Went out to the fleet Saturday but didn't get any pull downs *there either. I did hear a couple people that had caught some over the VHF.
Good Luck and give us a report if you get one.

SILVERADO
06-23-2006, 09:05 PM
WE were out sunday had good grass shrimp but nothing going on.

levelwined
06-23-2006, 10:56 PM
WE were out sunday had good grass shrimp but nothing going on.
That was how it was tonight :( We picked up grass shrimp and pile worms from vergils about 6 and was on the water till 11pm with two bites and that was it..
I know it was not the baits fault cause we got the biggest grass shrimp I have ever seen :o and some good piles two. But we eather could not find the fish or they just weret biteing.. Hope you all are haveing better luck..

FishnRN
06-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Hey Brian, did you type this post up as soon as you got home? Your spelling reminds me of my spelling after I've had a few wobbly pops, and I know if you were on the water- you probably had couple?? ;D ;D ;)
Better luck next time,

-Ben