PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Trinity Lake

maskas
07-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Im going to be up at trinity lake next week...i dont think that i will be renting a boat, so ill have to stick to shore fishing. Any suggestions on where to go on the lake and what to use?

The_Talis
07-28-2005, 05:07 PM
I went up there for the 4th of July, and I had a blast on the smallmouth. We did best on the other side of the lake in the Squirrel Gulch area, but you need a boat to get there. Another good spot I found was just down the shoreline from the Trinity Center boat ramp. Just walk to the points and cast 6 inch plastic worms. Be prepared for the fish to hit the worm on the fall, they seem to do that a lot. Mornings were the best time, before the waterskiers started tearing up the lake. Worms in olive or smoke colors worked for us, both curly and straight tailed. However, I caught the biggest bass of the trip (an estimated 5-6 lb. smallmouth) on a 1/4 ounce gold Panther Martin, so those might be worth a shot as well.

kstone44
07-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Welcome to the boards :) Do a search and you'll find some good info from previous posts, a trip to Trinity got me started on these boards, I don't post alot but I read 80% off the stuff on the boards and have learned alot.