PDA

View Full Version : Any Of You Hunt Pheasant Clubs?

waterdog
01-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Just curious anyone hunt pheasant clubs? Which clubs do you hunt?
I have been a member of the Susuin Marsh Pheasant Preserve for many years now. I have thought about looking into other clubs but I like this one because the only birds that come off your card are the ones you actually kill. If you have a field planted you only pay for the ones you shoot unlike most other clubs. You can also free roam (no plant) and again only the birds you shoot come off your card.
Its also a good place to tune up your dog for wild pheasant season. I like it also because the season there runs about 5 months. Gives me and the dog lots of opportunities to get out of the house and go hunting (which the wife likes).
Waterdog :)

wkokaneeman
01-07-2010, 10:22 AM
I hunt Quail Point Hunt Club in Zamora,Calif.,off of hwy. 505,at Road 14,about 4 miles South of hwy 5. i know the owners,they run a class business,you pay for your birds,and go shoot.plus,they have a clays coarse there.and i bought 2 of my 4 Setters from them.they also own Olive Hill Kennels in Knights Landing,Calif..and their grill in the kitchen at the clubhouse,is well seasoned,and it makes the best cheeseburgers around!!

Hof
01-07-2010, 12:24 PM
I have hunted Quail point a few times over the years because it is close by. I haven't had the money the last few years but it is good place to hunt. A friend of mine had his dog trained by one of the trainers out there and was very happy with the results.

Hof

FishbucketII
01-08-2010, 06:38 AM
Another Quail pointer ;)

I dont have a dog, so i rented one. 'Ol Doc' He was birdy.. so much he run down the other fields birds. ::) Either the coller when out of range or he was used to it.
Had to flag down one of the bird boys on the quad to go find him. ;D
He hunted ok the rest of the day... kept wanting to jump the birds early.

I'll have to dig out the pic of him and the kill in the back of the truck. :)

Some day I'll tell you about the time I caught a chucker in mid-fight :o while chit chatting at the end of a hunt. ;D
My hunting buddy his dog and 2 others saw it with their own eyes. :D

camotracker
01-21-2010, 12:01 PM
i 2 belong to quail point.this will be my third year. my brother in law has a do from them as well. everyone there are all good people.

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

Griffondor
02-04-2010, 05:05 AM
Does anyone know if they ever caught the crooks that scammed the members of Lakeview Hunting Preserve?