PDA

View Full Version : I hate it when this happens!!

xxxxxx
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
LOS BANOS, Calif. (CBS13) [ch8213] Click to enlarge1 of 1
(File Photo)
AP

Close

A hunter is recovering from non-life threatening injuries after being shot by his dog on Saturday.

The Merced County Sheriff's Department said the 53-year-old man was hunting with a partner off Highway 152 near Los Banos when he set down his shotgun to retrieve his decoy ducks.

The shotgun was loaded but the safety was on, according to authorities.

The victim was about 15 yards away, retrieving his decoys, when his female black Labrador retriever stepped on the gun.

Authorities said the dog disengaged the safety and hit the trigger at the same time, firing a shell with #2 shot. The man was struck in on the left side of his upper back.

The man was treated and released at the hospital the same day.

GN.
01-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Oops! I wonder if that guy still thinks his dog is man's best friend.

Bakkie
01-31-2010, 06:01 PM
I'll defiantly start unloading the chamber when I set my gun down and the dogs are running around.

fishhook 60
02-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Pay back for the shock collar i bet. ;D ;D ;D

waterdog
02-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Its a real lesson in gun safety - the guy should have unloaded the shotgun before laying it on the ground. People think that if the safety is on everything is ok. When I taught hunter safety we use to say that a safety is simply a mechanical devise that can fail (and will).
He broke at least 2 cardinal rules of gun safety - unload the gun when you lay it down or leave it unattended and the most important of all always point the gun in a safe direction(whether loaded or unloaded). Had he pointed it in a safe direction away from himself and others even if the gun went off no one would have been hurt.
Purely the hunters fault not the dogs. Hopefully others learn from this.
Waterdog* *:)

MontanaN8V
02-02-2010, 02:11 AM
There is a day shot to heck.

fishnmike_2002
02-02-2010, 03:47 AM
Female dogs can be a real B----!

MontanaN8V
02-02-2010, 06:04 AM
The dog took off, and they are still looking for him. He responds to Chenney, and is an aging lab.

LILALILFA
02-03-2010, 05:36 AM
lol...lol...lol...