PDA

View Full Version : A quiet last day

Hof
01-31-2010, 12:13 PM
went to Grey Lodge this morning for one last hurrah.* Arrived at the check station waited a few minutes for my hunting partner and then we headed to our usual parking lot 9.* We were shocked when we got there as there was only one truck in the lot.* Never seen that before.* We ended having pretty much the entire place to our selves but it didn't make much difference.* shot a teal right at shoot time and that was it.* No real morning flight and hardly saw any ducks in the sky.* Left by 8:30.* Hope everyone had a good season.* *I'll be going through the boat next weekend gettin ready to hit the water again.* See you all out there.*

Hof

gadgetman
01-31-2010, 12:34 PM
Sounds just like my last day, Saturday. Hadn't been out for a couple weeks, life got in the way. Retired blind partner said the birds were gone after the big wind and rain that hit last week. He was right. Driving home Saturday we didn't see many ducks in their normal resting spots.

Decoys are painted and put away, gun is clean, time to get the tackle box out. See ya out there.

Americansteel
02-02-2010, 12:59 AM
Sounds just like my last day, Saturday.* Hadn't been out for a couple weeks, life got in the way.* Retired blind partner said the birds were gone after the big wind and rain that hit last week.* He was right.* Driving home Saturday we didn't see many ducks in their normal resting spots.

Take a look at the bypass. I've fished lisbon slough the last 2 evenings and about 530 both nights they were coming off by the tens of thousands

gadgetman
02-02-2010, 11:37 AM
That was the word at the duck blind also, all the ducks were on the bypass. Had a few good duck shoots, I'm ready for fishing season.