PDA

View Full Version : Colusa 12/30

delta916
01-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Hunted colusa on Wednesday. Got in on the lotto and there was a fair a.m. flight. I got a few birds and hung out because I had some friends that were going to shoot the afternoon. Caught up with them around noon and hung for a couple of hours but man the birds just stopped flying. When I got out of the pond after packing up I found someone had stolen my cart. I've been using a cart for 15 years and never had a problem. In fact I just retired my old cart and bought a new one. I had 2 trips on the new one. It really sucks that there are people out there hunting with us that would steal someones equipment. Not only a thief but a serious violator of the "man code". Luckily my friends had a cart and I was able to use it to get my stuff in and then ran the cart back out to them. If it had been the end of shoot time and I was alone I would have been screwed. I spoke to the federal agent on the way out but of course there isn't really anything they can do, which is what I figured he'd say. I just wanted them to know they have a thief hunting there. Had a greeat day to that point, but that kinda ruined it for me.

Hof
01-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Thats rough. I have had gloves taken out of the back of my truck at Colusa as well as a home made Tule seat. Don't really know what was attractive about my spray painted PVC stand with broken and waterlogged plywood on it but someone obviously wanted it.

Hof

kokaneekid
01-26-2010, 09:24 AM
It's starting to happen more and more now guys .. Watch your stuff. Some people don't have any respect. I always take my cart of the beaten path and keep a close eye on it.

JrF >:(