PDA

View Full Version : ducks are here

scales
01-13-2010, 05:29 PM
those of you that hunt ducks and geese already should know this but i have been told and seen, birds all over yolo causeway! grizzley island, liberty island, anywhere around central California and the delta should be good for the next couple of weeks. good luck and let us know what color and how deep your going!

waterdog
01-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Everyone I know is reporting like you, ducks all over the place. My lab Sprig and I will be out 2 days this weekend harvesting duck dinners. Quack Quack
Waterdog :)

Americansteel
01-14-2010, 01:09 AM
i have dispatched 16 ducks in the last 2 days. and about half of them have NO FAT on their bodies.

waterdog
01-14-2010, 01:46 AM
about half of them have NO FAT on their bodies.

Very interesting, and unusual. The migrators should still have some fat since they still have a ways to go. The mix of divers and puddlers I shot a week ago around the edges of suisun bay were all plump.
Waterdog :)

delta916
01-19-2010, 12:39 PM
i have dispatched 16 ducks in the last 2 days. and about half of them have NO FAT on their bodies.
Hope you weren't hunting alone.

FishbucketII
01-20-2010, 03:27 AM
I heard....
That most all the ducks and geese left the freeze areas up north last week and ended up in the chico area. And that All the DFG's were being sent up there to drive the birds south ( how they do that I dont know)
They have found some dead and dieing from the over population in the area with lack of feed and botulistum from the feces.
I'm betting this rain may help with getting them to move. at least I hope so.