PDA

View Full Version : Foggy Morning - Not good

Hof
12-26-2009, 06:19 AM
Met my hunting partner at Gray Lodge again this morning and ended up in some pretty thick fog.* The area we hunt was very crowded today as well.* Went to our first spot - taken, thought our second choice would be open - taken, moved on to plan C - taken.* If you hunt the refuges, you understand the frustration.* Anyway, we finally tucked into a spot and quietly watched nothing happen.* I shot 1 teal in the fog and once it started to finally burn off a bit my friend shot a green head.* Those were our only opportunities of the day.* Really didn't see many ducks today at all.* Hope some of you did better.* Good luck and stay safe.*

Hof

gadgetman
12-27-2009, 08:25 AM
I'm north of you by 15 miles or so, no fog. I didn't get there until 2 in the afternoon, had to finish up Christmas at moms house. Got out to the blind and not much flying. Ended up getting 2 bull spring and 2 mallards. Love to say I got a double on the mallards but one shot brought both down at the same time. Pure luck. Went out again this morning for one duck. Got snuck a few times but that's duck hunting. Weather looks like I should have gone fishing.

Hof
12-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I hunt Gray Lodge because it is equal distance for me and my hunting partner of 15 years. I am actually much closer to the Colusa refuge (15 minutes from my house). The 45 minute drive is worth the trip to hunt with my good friend. He told me that morning that he didn't hit any fog until pennington road. He comes from chico. I am in Arbuckle and I had fog the entire way. Nice to see you got some birds gadgetman. I've done the two birds in one shot thing twice. Once with some buffle head and once with teal. Two mallards with one shot would be pretty cool. I'm off this week so I will be back out somewhere wednesday. Good luck.

Hof