PDA

View Full Version : Another Good Day

Americansteel
12-21-2009, 01:43 PM
We had a full pit today and killed our 2 Sprig apiece(all bulls),a pair of Mallards(scotch double), 4 Widgeon, 2 recovered bootlips and 1 White-front. If any of us could have shot any better we might have limited out.

waterdog
12-22-2009, 12:44 AM
Nice!!! What area were you hunting?
Waterdog :)

gadgetman
12-22-2009, 03:33 AM
If any of us could have shot any better we might have limited out.
If I had a dollar for ever time I said that I could be retired by now. I've come up with a new phrase, instead of saying I missed, I say I "shot and released". When I get that blank look I say it sounds better than I missed. Going to give it a try tomorrow, hopefully I don't "shoot and release" to many times.

Hof
12-22-2009, 05:02 AM
instead of saying I missed, I say I "shot and released"

I'll be using that tomorrow for sure.* Thanks for the new excuse Gadgetman.* Not sure where I'll be in the morning, probabily end up Grey lodge again.*

Hof

Americansteel
12-22-2009, 11:29 AM
instead of saying I missed, I say I "shot and released"

I'll be using that tomorrow for sure.* Thanks for the new excuse Gadgetman.*

+1 ;D

gadgetman
12-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Just got back, one shot and release. My buddies have been doing well....I get there and they don't want to play. Tons flying 30 minutes before shot time, nothing once it's legal. We ended up with one sprig and one Ross goose. Still better than working.

Ol Angi
12-23-2009, 09:46 AM
We have been on the divers pretty good the last couple of times out. For 11 guns in the last two trips, we have all limited out on our Blue Bills, and some golden eye and bufflehead too. 42 birds for our last two trips. They don't taste the best, but my dog doesn't care. ;)

Americansteel
12-23-2009, 09:49 AM
It was empty this morning, even before shoot time. Although we did end up with 1 bull sprig 1 widg and 1 White-front. My highlight of the day was seeing 4 "eagle heads" fly over.